Street Shots and Portraits

raphmeister

Sep 19, 2008

it starts with one... [approached this lady on Orchard Road. of course i figured she was a model but nice of her to agree to a random street portrait as not all do]
full

Reactions: dlubis and Octarine

you are... my angel...
[approached this lady for a shot as i loved her ink. i got front and back shots of course but i liked this shot the most from the few that I took.
full

full

Reactions: dlubis
agree with you, love coloured version of the ink portrait with the collapsible grill as the backdrop is great

Excellent. Thx for sharing that interaction with your subjects is the best way to get good shots.

agree with you, love coloured version of the ink portrait with the collapsible grill as the backdrop is great
thank you! :)

Excellent. Thx for sharing that interaction with your subjects is the best way to get good shots.

Thanks zaren. I will be posting some candid un-posed street shots in time but starting off with these first. There was an elderly lady I spoke to once before and she looked great before I asked her if she was fine if I got a couple of shots. after that she was smiling and couldn't look like her natural self before I spoke to her, so i think it's very person to person dependent and sometimes capturing them in the moment would work best. but it's luck of the draw as you won't know when it would or would not work out right. cheers