Street Prices of Zuiko Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

chii

Nov 30, 2004
SG
chiong.smugmug.com
Hi guys & gals,

for those who are interested to get lens/accessories, street prices are listed below:

-Zuiko Digital ED2 (50-200 F2.8-3.5) @ S$1,710.00
-Zuiko Digital 2 (11-22 F2.8-3.5) @ S$1,030.00

-Zuiko Digital ED3 (50 F2) @ S$870.00
-Olympus FL-36 Flash unit @ S$300.00
-Olympus FL-50 Flash unit @ S$640.00
-HLD-3 Battery Holder @ S$150.00

Note $$ have not included the 5% GST.

cheers

thanks for the info, but i still see the 799usd for 50~200 cheaper ;)

Thanks for the info chii. Am planning to upgrade my c8080 to E300 in near future.

Cheers

bariq said:
thanks for the info, but i still see the 799usd for 50~200 cheaper ;)

Yeah.
even with shipping factored in .. it would be cheaper.. ;)

Newguy69 said:
Thanks for the info chii. Am planning to upgrade my c8080 to E300 in near future.

Cheers

Wait for the Body only package to launch 1st.
:D

Den u can buy all the "bright" lens.

chii said:
Hi guys & gals,

for those who are interested to get lens/accessories, street prices are listed below:

-Zuiko Digital ED2 (50-200 F2.8-3.5) @ S$1,710.00
-Zuiko Digital 2 (11-22 F2.8-3.5) @ S$1,030.00

-Zuiko Digital ED3 (50 F2) @ S$870.00
-Olympus FL-36 Flash unit @ S$300.00
-Olympus FL-50 Flash unit @ S$640.00
-HLD-3 Battery Holder @ S$150.00

Note $$ have not included the 5% GST.

cheers
Could you indicate which shops quoted those prices for the respective items. please. It would certainly save us a lot of legwork as most shop don't sell at those prices from what I know.
Also, is the HLD-3 already available here? If yes, where did you see this in Singapore? CP told me that the only new item from Olympus Singapore for the E-300 was the FL-36.
Thanks.

tomcat said:
Could you indicate which shops quoted those prices for the respective items. please. It would certainly save us a lot of legwork as most shop don't sell at those prices from what I know.
Also, is the HLD-3 already available here? If yes, where did you see this in Singapore? CP told me that the only new item from Olympus Singapore for the E-300 was the FL-36.
Thanks.

According to the quote by CP, there is ex-stock. But still have to call to confirm avalability
;)

chii said:
According to the quote by CP, there is ex-stock. But still have to call to confirm avalability
;)
Thanks. Will check with them again.

tomcat said:
Thanks. Will check with them again.

woot woot

thx mate...

will fly down to grab it & a BLM-1 from eastgear, if it does not come with spare batt

chii said:
woot woot

thx mate...

will fly down to grab it & a BLM-1 from eastgear, if it does not come with spare batt
Don't waste your time. Just called them and got the same reply .. "Not In Yet" :what:
Maybe the best is to find out from Olympus Singapore directly if stock has indeed arrived. :dunno:

tomcat said:
Don't wait your time. Just called them and got the same reply .. "Not In Yet" :what:
Maybe the best is to find out from Olympus Singapore directly if stock has indeed arrived. :dunno:

Haiz...

:cry:

thx..

According to a Japanese site WatchImpress (I can't remember the URL), they tested both 14-45 and 14-54 lenses.

According to them the 14-45 kit lens is sharper than 14-54. The kit lens is a must buy for all E-300 potential buyers. That said, the 14-45 even slightly slower, but it's a very good lens after all.

I'm very satisfied, and lucky to have bought this kit, saving up for other lenses and forget about the 14-54.

I've just got the 50mm F2.0, and I am really impressed! :thumbsup: A must-buy too.

ykkok said:
According to a Japanese site WatchImpress (I can't remember the URL), they tested both 14-45 and 14-54 lenses.

According to them the 14-45 kit lens is sharper than 14-54. The kit lens is a must buy for all E-300 potential buyers. That said, the 14-45 even slightly slower, but it's a very good lens after all.

I'm very satisfied, and lucky to have bought this kit, saving up for other lenses and forget about the 14-54.

I've just got the 50mm F2.0, and I am really impressed! :thumbsup: A must-buy too.

I just look up watch impress,
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2004/12/17/628.html

In this article,the author said that the 14-45mm is not built as well as the 14-54mm. Hence, he'd rather wait for the e-300 body only to go on sale so that he can buy the 14mm-54mm instead. I could not find any article on the comparison of the 2 lenses elsewhere on this site. If you can find the article, please post it here. Thanks :)

Serene, this is not the one. I am very sure they have another one. I will try to dig it out.

ykkok said:
Finally found it!

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2004/12/20/647.html

Okay, somebody who can understand Japanese better please help.

Babel Fish is good for overall feel but did not translate all the meaning that well. The text is long and I will try to do it in stages

優秀なAWBと標準ズームレンズ

実写はいつものビルの定点撮影から。標準ズーム14~45mmの14mm側では絞り開放だと、わずかに前ピン気味。しかし、全体の解像感はあり、さすがに8メガ機ということを実感させられた。絞り開放から2段、つまりF6.3に絞ると非常にいい画質になった。E-1用の標準ズーム14~54mmの14mm側と比較してみると、むしろ新しい14~45mmのほうがいいぐらいだ。

Superior AWB on a standard zoom lens
The actual photos were taken on a fixed location at a building.
On the standard 14-45mm zoom lens, at the maximum aperture, it has a feel of front end sharpness. However, as a whole, the resolution was good, making one feel the realness of a 8MB camera. At f6.3,the image quality was excellent and this when compared to the 54mm lens at 14mm, I am afraid that the former lens is better.

------

Next, the author continues

45mm側では絞り開放がF5.6ということもあり、絞り開放からぴったり合焦しているし、解像感も高い。F11まで絞り込むときわめていい描写になる。14~54mmズームの54mm側はさすがに絞り開放F3.5から合焦精度も高く、画質もいい。開放2段絞りのF6.3だとさらにいい。広角側では14~45mm、望遠側では14~54mmが優秀だ。

The 45mm has a F5.6 aperture -the focus is sharp and the image resolution high. Even when the aperture was reduced to F11, the image quality was very good. As for the 54mm, at 54mm f3.5, the focus is sharp and the image quality excellent. At the wide angle length, the 14-45mm is better. Likewise, the 14-54mm is better at the telephoto end.

----
to be continued.

Part 3 - I picked out portions which might be of interest.
---

夜景の30秒露出で長時間ノイズを見たが、これもオフとオンではほとんど差がない。つまり、ノイズリダクションオフでもかなりノイズが低減されているのだ。
For the night scene, I used a 30-sec exposure which revealed the long exposure noise. However, the noise level is the same with or without the noise reduction. To say in another words,even when noise reduction was turned off, the level of noise was already reduced.

歪曲収差 のテストも14~45mmと14~54mmを比較してみた。14mm側でのタル型歪曲はほとんど同じで、やや目立つ。望遠側では両方のレンズともほとんど歪曲は目立たない。
I performed a distortion test between the 45mm and 54mm. At 14mm, the distortion is a little obvious on both lenses. (on the 45mm, the distortion level was greater) At the telephoto end, both lens did not show significant distortion.

このカメラのホワイトバランスは日陰でも威力を発揮した。プリセットで7500Kにセットしたら、記憶色どおりの写真が撮れた。トーンも豊富で、硬くはなく、ちょうどいい調子になる。

The e-300 wb at shady setting (color temp above 7000) exhibits its strength.At 7500k, the color shown is as actual; the tone is rich,not hard and just about right.

このカメラはE-1の特長である階調の豊富さを受け継いでいる。ハイライトからシャドーまでよく出ている

This camera preserves the characteristic of the e-1, for its ability to accept different graduation of colors. The images showed clearly the highlights (lit areas) to the shadows.

オリンパスE-300は衝撃的な低価格のデジタル一眼レフだが、動体撮影を除けば性能はまったく問題がない。これからデジタル一眼レフに入門をしようとする向きには絶対におすすめの機種である。

Olympus e-300 is an exceptionally low-priced DSLR. With the exception of photograhing moving objects, other aspects are problem free. For those who wish to enter into the word of SLR, this is one camera I definitely must recommend.

----
End

Status
Not open for further replies.