Evilmerlin said:
Price Update for FL-36 as of 08/01/05

CP: $350 w/ GST
Parissilk(holland V): $315 w/ GST
John 3:16: $320 w/o GST
AP: $315 w/ GST
:thumbsup: for a rainy day

ykkok said:
According to a Japanese site WatchImpress (I can't remember the URL), they tested both 14-45 and 14-54 lenses.

According to them the 14-45 kit lens is sharper than 14-54. The kit lens is a must buy for all E-300 potential buyers. That said, the 14-45 even slightly slower, but it's a very good lens after all.

I'm very satisfied, and lucky to have bought this kit, saving up for other lenses and forget about the 14-54.

I've just got the 50mm F2.0, and I am really impressed! :thumbsup: A must-buy too.

Hello Ykkok,

Firstly, grateful to Serene for refining the translation to something that's photographically intelligible and more importantly highlighting the key points of the review. We're indeed fortunate to have a translator for the country that boasts the largest & amongst the finest names in photography :)

Second, with what I've managed from a direct Bablefish translation, I believe the lens recommendation highlighted the various strength of both lenses. The kit lens being better on the wide end while the 14-54 on the tele end of the zoom. From the rather small sample images, distortion is observed in the kit lens. Don't be mistaken, this lens offers fantastic performance for the dollar. But it doesn't have a clear performance edge over its faster brethren overall.

Either way, suffice to say, one should look to other lenses if either of these lens have been acquired.

Thankful that we've now have access to an enlarged pool of net information.

Cheers,

Thanks for the good work Serene !!

Till now I still really cant tell which one is better than which one.
All I can say is ALL Zuiko Digital lens is superb !!

btw, anybody knows how much does the EX-25 adapter costs and is it available in Singapore? Is the Sigma 55-200 4/3 mount easily obtainable here as well?

ykkok said:
btw, anybody knows how much does the EX-25 adapter costs and is it available in Singapore? Is the Sigma 55-200 4/3 mount easily obtainable here as well?

the EX-25 tube is ard 200plus.. & is availible.

As 4 the sigma lens, it seems the next shipment is somewhere in Feb according to the local distri.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.