Street price for F828?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernards

Feb 17, 2004
Anybody know what the street price is for a new F828? Thinking selling my kit and upgrading to a DLSR already.

bernards said:
Anybody know what the street price is for a new F828? Thinking selling my kit and upgrading to a DLSR already.

!!! are you sure bernard bro???
why don wait for some time ? at least alloy body is more robust then plastic. i am sure the DSLR is very temptative as it is really affortable and produce :thumbsup: image quality. anyway it is your choice, if you havent bought 828 of course the DSLR is the best. since you already have it and upgrade. i think have to be reconsidered.

for me, i won pay 2000 for plastic toy. i rather wait for sometime as least some thing that is worth for the dollars that i spend. :confused: i don earn easy money, so i won let them go away easily. :sweatsm: ...

bernards said:

if you really consider to sell your lovely stuff. PM me !!!!

bry'an said:
if you really consider to sell your lovely stuff. PM me !!!!

What pieces of accessories are you looking for? I basically have most of the stuff. Many will be sold after the cam is gone.

The D70 body itself is cheap stuff really. At $1700, frankly I don't consider it expensive. What makes me shudder is the price of lens. Picking out two more lens in addition to the kit lens will probably add another 5K to the TCO. Good thing is the 5K will not be sunk on the next upgrade.

Another reason, I want to be able to shoot in high ISOs. Often I find myself in situations where I cannot get the results I want because of the 'lower the better' ISO settings for digicams. I was shooting 'Barney the gay dinosaur' the other day. Went up to ISO 400 and the pics turned out really bad. (I tried shooting at some football players with ISO 400 at the padang and the results were better. Something to do with the bad lighting?)

bernards said:
What pieces of accessories are you looking for? I basically have most of the stuff. Many will be sold after the cam is gone.

The D70 body itself is cheap stuff really. At $1700, frankly I don't consider it expensive. What makes me shudder is the price of lens. Picking out two more lens in addition to the kit lens will probably add another 5K to the TCO. Good thing is the 5K will not be sunk on the next upgrade.

Another reason, I want to be able to shoot in high ISOs. Often I find myself in situations where I cannot get the results I want because of the 'lower the better' ISO settings for digicams. I was shooting 'Barney the gay dinosaur' the other day. Went up to ISO 400 and the pics turned out really bad. (I tried shooting at some football players with ISO 400 at the padang and the results were better. Something to do with the bad lighting?)

wow :eek: then you have to join the "dark side" liao. just kidding :D ...coz 828 no longer can satisfy your needs... if not wrong
1) D70 kits = USD1100
2) Nikkor 70 - 200 equi lens = USD1600
3) external flash = ???
4) ...

I think to buy macro lens + teleconverter + multicoat UV filter + omnibounce + ... but quite busy this few week because of work=$$$ :p . so don even have time to play my toy for nearly 1 month. ;p

King Tiger said:
Bryan I thought you already own F828? :think:

wahahah i wana buy the accessories lah ... :lovegrin:

I am now the proud owner of bernards F828. :bsmilie: Sent him on his way to the "dark side".

I will need to sell some of the filters as I already have them for my 717. Will post them later.

Just off hand, I will want to let go of the Hoya R72, ND4 and ND8. Anyone wants these for their IR photography?

Not sure if you want a flash. I will be selling the F1000 flash with my F717. I will be keeping most of the good stuff that bernards handed me.

holeinone said:
I am now the proud owner of bernards F828. :bsmilie: Sent him on his way to the "dark side".

I will need to sell some of the filters as I already have them for my 717. Will post them later.

Just off hand, I will want to let go of the Hoya R72, ND4 and ND8. Anyone wants these for their IR photography?

wah sai ! very keen ho :angry:
bernard bro, remember to visit us whenever you log in ho ... :p

bernards said:

Hi Bernards

Some of us would like to view/ or buy the accessories you have.
When are you selling your F828? Have you decide?
Even consider to stay at Jedi Council or turn to the Dark Side. :D

Cheers
King Tiger

Alamak. Whole set already sold off to holeinone. He took my offer of buying cam + flash, I give him all my filters for free. Rest of the batts and batt chargers, etc. I am keeping for my video cams. My pockets are empty now. :sweatsm:

holeinone said:

Welcome to the Jedi Council, Holeinone.
For the filter, will you have any special discount exlusively for Sony Jedi members? :D

bernards said:
Alamak. Whole set already sold off to holeinone. He took my offer of buying cam + flash, I give him all my filters for free. Rest of the batts and batt chargers, etc. I am keeping for my video cams. My pockets are empty now. :sweatsm:

Alamak, so fast ah. :cry:
Though you are still hesitating for a while for your F828.
Ok lor. But do take part in Sony Forum often.

Been looking around for a good D70 price. Went hunting at Peninsula just now. The prices sure didn't wet me. I was quoted between $2150 and $2100 for the D70 and about $250 - $270 for the SB800. I went over to Konata, by then I was so sick of hunting around I wanted to buy a set there and then. Asked the best price and the boss gave me a lecture about mcdonalds. I lost my mood and walked off without inspecting the kit lens. His price sucked anyway.

Anyway still looking. If only mscolor will actually reply to their emails.

bernards said:
Been looking around for a good D70 price. Went hunting at Peninsula just now. The prices sure didn't wet me. I was quoted between $2150 and $2100 for the D70 and about $250 - $270 for the SB800. I went over to Konata, by then I was so sick of hunting around I wanted to buy a set there and then. Asked the best price and the boss gave me a lecture about mcdonalds. I lost my mood and walked off without inspecting the kit lens. His price sucked anyway.

Bernards

Go to TK Foto at Shaw Tower Beach Road.
Try to look for James, Albert or Richard.
Alternatively, go to this website http://www.tkfoto.com.sg to check it out.

bernards said:

Why do you email MS colour? Just drop by or call them lah. Btw, isn't the street price for D70 in the region of $2100?

Hope you can get your hands on it soon to cure your withrawal symptoms caused by the sale of the 828. :sweatsm:

Will miss you around here, do pop by and post some shots by your new camera k. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.