street photography

KokLeong Yong

Aug 16, 2011
did you ever get rejected by those passer by or they request you to delete the picture you taken?

did you ever get rejected by those passer by or they request you to delete the picture you taken?

So far... no... But keep an open mind, if people feel uncomfortable or rejected you shooting at them, just smile, delete their pic and walk away.

It is challenging to take people you don't know. If they tell you nicely, you can simply delete it in today's digital technology. Show him/her if he/she still not satisfied.

Those that turn aggressive are difficult to deal. A tele lens would be handy. I generally avoid direct shoot.

Practice your stallion run. If things get ugly, run like the wind!

Hmm... no wonder photographers are generally great runners too. Hahahaha.

TS, I never get rejected. Because I'm too shy to ask for permission. If you do get to come across people who ask you to delete. Just delete. Although, ***by right, the photos, once taken, are already our property***, I don't think it's worth the risk getting into something nasty. Learn the art of ninjutsu. That's your best weapon.

***: not applicable to upskirts and cleavage shots. :)

Last edited:
Smile and walk away. If they come after you, start running. :bsmilie:

Well..thats why the 70-200 F2.8 can become very handy here. If they ask you to delete.. just do it lo..if not things can get ugly.
it sure take some courage to shoot people you dontknow.

Well..thats why the 70-200 F2.8 can become very handy here. If they ask you to delete.. just do it lo..if not things can get ugly.
it sure take some courage to shoot people you dontknow.

ah....i only have a 45mm and 17mm... :(

ah....i only have a 45mm and 17mm... :(
hmm i said can be very handy. but u dont need that to shoot. Just be careful. because u wont know if that somebody you shooting can become aggressive ornot. Good luck !

Just go shoot, when they look at you just smile. So far everyone had been friendly when I smile at them. I shoot with an 11-16

i ever got grabbed by a lady around the shoulders and shouted at in the face..... when i wasn't shooting her :bsmilie:

Maybe she is not happy that you did not shoot a pic of her?

TS, I never get rejected. Because I'm too shy to ask for permission. If you do get to come across people who ask you to delete. Just delete. Although, ***by right, the photos, once taken, are already our property***, I don't think it's worth the risk getting into something nasty. Learn the art of ninjutsu. That's your best weapon.

***: not applicable to upskirts and cleavage shots. :)

I like the way you make it explicitly clear. :bsmilie:

i ever got grabbed by a lady around the shoulders and shouted at in the face..... when i wasn't shooting her :bsmilie:

Was she asking your why didn't you shoot her? :bsmilie: