Street photography

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
How do u shoot street p. Without getting scolded at ? Well never happened to me before , just wanted to know

1) Ask the person whom you really wanted to shoot for permission before shooting at him/her.
2) Point the camera in a general direction and when anyone who walked pass are caught in the camera, then it was he's or her problem.
3) Shoot already, then walked away quickly.
4) If there are many people in the area, just shoot and no one will mind... because whoever being caught in the camera is just part of the big picture...

this has been discussed before. you can always do a search. the other thread containing tips on street photography will get u there quicker than getting new opinions and tips.

omaxphotographicswidean.jpg

rhino123 said:
1) Ask the person whom you really wanted to shoot for permission before shooting at him/her.
2) Point the camera in a general direction and when anyone who walked pass are caught in the camera, then it was he's or her problem.
3) Shoot already, then walked away quickly.
4) If there are many people in the area, just shoot and no one will mind... because whoever being caught in the camera is just part of the big picture...

Woah , nice :) thanks bro !

kei1309 said:
this has been discussed before. you can always do a search. the other thread containing tips on street photography will get u there quicker than getting new opinions and tips.

I did and all i got were street pictures .

kei1309 said:
then you're not searching hard enough. if you bothered to read the thread descriptions:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/916305-street-photography?highlight=streets

and all i typed in was Street Photography.

I searched for street , street photography and many more . Of coz i saw this thread . But if you bothered to read my question , you will realise that you cant find the answer from the thread link you just gave .

I searched for street , street photography and many more . Of coz i saw this thread . But if you bothered to read my question , you will realise that you cant find the answer from the thread link you just gave .

it's inside.. whatever bro rhino123 mentioned... it was discussed. btw, instead of starting a new thread, you could have expended that one and asked in there. it's more relevant than you think it is.

How do u shoot street p. Without getting scolded at ? Well never happened to me before , just wanted to know

hi AkemiOrge... i just answer straight to the point...
"just take life with a pinch of salt... sometimes you do not get good pictures without being scolded at... just move on to the next subject when in doubt"
in street photography... you will need a handful of salt...

Last edited:
I got threaten by an uncle before. Just smile and walk away. I was thinking to release my tripod if he tries violence...
I also got an uncle who post for me before. I'm thankful for his cooperation :)

kei1309 said:
it's inside.. whatever bro rhino123 mentioned... it was discussed. btw, instead of starting a new thread, you could have expended that one and asked in there. it's more relevant than you think it is.

I get ur point bro/sis. Which one is it ? :p

I find that using a compact camera yields better results for me as it's not as obvious as an SLR.

without getting scolded at, you'd prob have a better chance doing it stealthily. and it means going the 'telephoto' way :) nice compact zoom lenses like the 70-300 or 100-400(canon) should suffice.

Just did a walkabout today with my rf. 40mm and took some pictures right in front of my subjects. they may look like they will turn away, but they would generally not turn hostile.

You must have no shame. The rest is secondary. :)

bonrya said:
You must have no shame. The rest is secondary. :)

Very powerful statement.. something which I'm still learning... :)