street photography

vqferrari

Jul 21, 2010
toa payoh
hello snapperss..

i just want to ask, where is the best place to shoot street photography besides chinatown, and orchard? is there any outing for this genre of photography?

thx :thumbsup:

hello snapperss..

i just want to ask, where is the best place to shoot street photography besides chinatown, and orchard? is there any outing for this genre of photography?

Well, street shooting means you can shoot anywhere as long as its legal. Check the outings section, outings are arranged quite frequently

I always do street shooting at home, shooting the girl opp my block .. it's across a street so i assume it's consider street shooting? =D

I always do street shooting at home, shooting the girl opp my block .. it's across a street so i assume it's consider street shooting? =D

haha i think it is bro.. she's hot i suppose :)

Haha that sounds like voyeurism. I am not into street shooting (yet) but where to shoot depends on your theme which may decide the preferred locations.

E.g if i want to take street photos of malay community then chinatown may not be the best place. Or if I want to shoot pic of Hougang residents then it makes no sense to go chinatown.

Personally i prefer street pic which tells a story of that street, rather than to shoot because everyone else has done so. So sometimes a photo at a usual hdb estate might stand out more than say from the hotspot chinatown.

Of course these hotspots are good places to start with as you can compare and review your photoas compared to others.

Have fun in shooting.

vqferrari said:
hello snapperss..

A lot of outings indeed.. :bsmilie:

start with touristy areas. it's easier and you get more emotion from people rather than the dead emotionless expressions from locals.

start out with zoom lenses and work your way to wide angle.

Basically you can shoot street photography everywhere in Singapore. As long as there are people you can shoot it. I once walked from Dhoby Gaunt MRT station to Potong Pasir, and do quite a bit of street photography then. Pretty fun.

hmm so long your on street and shooting thats street shooting?

start with touristy areas. it's easier and you get more emotion from people rather than the dead emotionless expressions from locals.

start out with zoom lenses and work your way to wide angle.

thank you for the information. i always bring my trusty 70-200Lmk2 for this type of shooting...

vqferrari said:
ohh i dont know because i'm not an active user of clubsnap hehe

There's always a start. :) make some friends here and almost everyday you'll be busy with something related to photography ;)

There's always a start. :) make some friends here and almost everyday you'll be busy with something related to photography ;)

yeah its true, this is the purpose of having forums like this, make friends and enjoy taking pictures (y) hope we can make friends and go out shootin yeahh

bus interchanges is one good spot, especially in the morning when everyone is going to work