Street photography in Phnom Penh - making the most of new camera technology

will do some housekeeping in the next post ...

Registration starts from here, kindly copy the list to continue the attendees list, pls do not jump queue and do not just put your name without continuing from the list. If anyone is found doing so, will be rejected from this and future events. Thank you

1. M Subeeri Ali Adi
2. B K Tan
3. Ibraheim Alkhatib
4. Freddy Ho
5. Gabriel Ho
6. Amos Leong
7. Mohamed Hisham
8. Elvin Chua
9. Walter Ho
10.Johhny Li
11.Mark Chan
12. richardfoo

Thank you for coming, I hope you have enjoyed the talk and benefitted.

Thanks sifu Ortega for the great talk & sharing your knowledge with us ... :thumbsup:

Many thanks for sharing your insights

I was asked these questions and will post here for everyone's benifit

1.Bright day how to get lower 10sec shutter speed?

In order to get a long exposure, you will need to cut the amount of light reaching the sensor, bring the iso to the lowest, change the aperture to the smallest, and if that is not enough, you will need to put a neutral density filter on the lens

2. The market is dark how to determine what iso to use?

First I test the camera and determine what is the highest ISO that I can accept from the camera (Image quality), I will try my best to use the slowest ISO to keep the image quality, then I decide on the aperture that i want (depth of field), from there i see the shutter speed, if it is too slow and will have camera shake, I will increase the ISO speed to get an acceptable shutter speed that I can hand hold the camera without camera shake. The Panasonic GX8 has dual OIS so you will be able to hand hold it at slower speeds that you would normally be able to.

3. Two school girl, how you focus the girl is running to you and what shutter speed you use?

In that photo I focused on the girl at the back. Shutter speed was 1/320s