Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
47049232611800079960411.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Postproduction
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
showing split second of moment on street
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
late morning.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I would like to ask opinion if conversion to Black and White would suit this image more than this?

Nice photo you have all the elements to makeup a interesting picture with three person watching. It will be better to take picture to show the front face of the old man for example move forward three steps and three steps to the right.

Nice photo you have all the elements to makeup a interesting picture with three person watching. It will be better to take picture to show the front face of the old man for example move forward three steps and three steps to the right.

Move here or there is totally irrelevant. This is a snap shot, TS is lucky enough to capture all those elements in a frame.

Post production is good.

Move here or there is totally irrelevant. This is a snap shot, TS is lucky enough to capture all those elements in a frame.

Post production is good.

Yeah..there's this HDR feel..

Your current post production is nice, like the color tone.

I like the composition here, it is simple enough, yet all the other guys around add value to the framing in a sense it creates a sense of interest as they were all looking on with interest.

I do agree also that it is not relevant to shift yourself in this case. I would also snap first and crop if necessary. Rather than to move to get a better framing, but missing the moment because of the movement, I would snap and process later.

Furthermore, I do like how TS presented this with a side view instead of a diagonal side view. In this case, the main catch is the light-hearted stunt and the keen interest of the observant passerby. Although the old man's candid expression may add interest to the overall picture, I feel that it also boils down to, at the split second, what does TS want to capture, i.e. whether it is the stunt or the expression. In my mind, I would capture the stunt first as it is so-called more "rare" than a facial expression.

I like the composition here, it is simple enough, yet all the other guys around add value to the framing in a sense it creates a sense of interest as they were all looking on with interest.

I do agree also that it is not relevant to shift yourself in this case. I would also snap first and crop if necessary. Rather than to move to get a better framing, but missing the moment because of the movement, I would snap and process later.

Furthermore, I do like how TS presented this with a side view instead of a diagonal side view. In this case, the main catch is the light-hearted stunt and the keen interest of the observant passerby. Although the old man's candid expression may add interest to the overall picture, I feel that it also boils down to, at the split second, what does TS want to capture, i.e. whether it is the stunt or the expression. In my mind, I would capture the stunt first as it is so-called more "rare" than a facial expression.

hi nitewalk really thanks for the feedback. ya i want to show the stunt of course. its a rare moment. got no time to think of position so i just squad down and 3.7 fps shoot.haha

I would crop out the back portion ...gets abit distracting as the space there is big ..eyes tend to get drawn to emptier spaces to find more things. I would rather position abit a meter ahead of his head so there more room n less claustrophobic..but after all its a snap shot..not easy...gd job ey

It's quite a perfect shot for me, no changes needed.

Post production is good.

Exactly, this is a catch shot, telling TS should stand here or move there is totally irrelevant and rear sight talking.

This is a good photo with a bad processing decision. All those yellowish and HDRish look have no longevity. Black and white will be timeless. Go BW.

XavierShoot said:
Awesome pic man! i love the bangala

He may not be a Bangladeshi and it is not nice, even if it is common, to refer to a dark skinned man by that.

Exactly, this is a catch shot, telling TS should stand here or move there is totally irrelevant and rear sight talking.

This is a good photo with a bad processing decision. All those yellowish and HDRish look have no longevity. Black and white will be timeless. Go BW.

thanks for yr advice. ill keep a BW too.

Very nice shot. I would prefer it in B&W or full color though.

Good, with Canon EOS 550D you did a good job.