Street performers from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
I don't specially go to Orchard Road, in case you're wondering. I send my daughter to a class there, and usually have about an hour to hang around before bringing her home after that. I have no complaints about this arrangement. It's usually one of the best places to shoot people.

I was walking along happily when I came upon a crowd. Ahhh... street performers! Out came my camera...

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4503.JPG

I was there around 2:30pm, after finishing macro shots in BG. As I was moving to some other place, didn't stay long. Captured this little audience's expression. I found I am still too shy to shoot at public. In many cases I had shaky hand coz a bit nervous.

020420_30_small.jpg

hah, I always saw those chinese "za ji tuan" outside OG ( near to SLS ). The guys sure looks fit. Wonder how much can they earn like this :(

i always see them at tampines interchange!!!!

Streetshooter, can you tell us what lens/camera you are using.

Originally posted by revenant
hah, I always saw those chinese "za ji tuan" outside OG ( near to SLS ). The guys sure looks fit. Wonder how much can they earn like this :(

I think it's the govt. who bring them in from china to perform here. I also heard that they have housing and food cater to them by the govt but part of what they've collected has to be donated to some organisation.

Originally posted by Klause

I think it's the govt. who bring them in from china to perform here. I also heard that they have housing and food cater to them by the govt but part of what they've collected has to be donated to some organisation.

hmm..... alright.

Did you apply level and other adjustments on the photo?
Trying to do half as good with my E-10, perhaps practice more, right? :bsmilie:

Yes, most of the pictures need levels adjustment to increase contrast, as well as a touch of unsharp mask.

Very simply, what I do is call up levels (Ctrl-L) then look at the histogram. If there's any flat areas at either extreme, I bring the pointer to the "edge of the mountain" so to speak. That usually improves the contrast tremendously.

Thanks dude, I will post some similar pics soon.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.