Street performance in Bugis Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
You may have seen the same shots from Streetshooter. Here are mine.

020504_03_small.jpg

020504_04_small.jpg

020504_10_small.jpg

020504_13_small.jpg

sorry... but why seems dark ar?
i see ur bird pics are nice. but these ones seems a little dark to me. or is it my monitor ar? :dunno:

It was overcast, so the light was quite poor. I have increased the brightness and contrast, maybe not enough. Another reason may be that I set my monitor very bright when editing.

oic... :)
to me taking human pics, be it in action or potrait, is really difficult. sometimes i resort to auto and hope it comes out well. :p

u nvr use flash ar?

Originally posted by fish
oic... :)
to me taking human pics, be it in action or potrait, is really difficult. sometimes i resort to auto and hope it comes out well. :p

u nvr use flash ar?
Hi Fish, for me I never use flash in streetshooting, it's disturbing to your subject IMO. That's why a fast lens is important here. I have three fast lenses: Canon 50/1.8, Sigma 20/1.8, and Sigma 70-200/2.8. As long as there is some natural light, I have no need to use flash. If light is bad, will push ISO to as high as 800 and wide open. Compared to birds, pple r much easier to freeze so have no complain here. I almost never use Auto/P mode coz dont feel enough control with them. At any time, you must be very careful about light condition, especially with telezoom and shooting actions. I cannot hand hold a 70-200mm steadily without a high shutter speed (e.g. >1/focal length). But fortunately I shoot in digital so dont worry abouth wasting film. And if an action is really great to me, will use burst mode - 3 fps!

Status
Not open for further replies.