Streamline or expansion

Streamline or Expand your equipment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

egnaro

Dec 19, 2007
Boon Lay, Singapore
Do your streamline or expand your equipment?

Just wondering how the BBB virus affected their purchase.

Last edited:
for myself, I clearing all the lens which is not use frequent and streamline my equipment, now only using ZD 12-60mm F2.8-4, ZD 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 and 1 more Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro.

I used to owned 9 lens and now only down to 3 which I find it good enough and sufficient for my use.

how about you?

When I do upgrades, I sold my old gears when I get the new ones. e.g. camera body, lenses, camera bags, etc... I will make sure if the stuff will no longer be use, I will try to find a new owner for it.

For me, I will keep those which I really need. sell those non frequent use lens to other who may use it better then me.

for me, 24-400mm F2.8-4 (135 equiv) and a macro lens is more then enough isnt it?

Infected by BBB virus too, after a while, found that the DigiCab getting smaller:dunno:, I will try to sell off my old stuffs after getting my new gears. :)

I think the more experienced and exposed you are in photography, more often than not, you'll end up with lesser equipments... unless of course if you're like Vincent Laforet then different la. Most of my professional corporate photog acquaintances have an average of 5 lenses and 2 bodies.

I always find it quite hilarious to see how when we go to car shows etc, hobbyists and enthusiats will come with one huge typical lowepro backpack filled with gawd-knows-what when the main photog covering the event usually make use of just 1-2 lenses for the entire event. Well... in the name of hobby eh.

Last edited:
Infected by BBB virus too, after a while, found that the DigiCab getting smaller:dunno:, I will try to sell off my old stuffs after getting my new gears. :)

What you have is not a problem but a solution to BBB virus. I also have a small dry cabinet. Therefore expansion not possible... SAVE MONEY! That's why all the lenses I have are useful and I don't see the need for more.

I always find it quite hilarious to see how when we go to car shows etc, hobbyists and enthusiats will come with one huge typical lowepro backpack filled with gawd-knows-what when the main photog covering the event usually make use of just 1-2 lenses for the entire event. Well... in the name of hobby eh.
I couldn't help loling when I read that...that is absolutely oh so true. :bsmilie: The hobbyists/amateurs also tend to have even more fancy shmancy/expensive gear than the official photogs themselves! ;p

Definitely streamline for me. I identify the lenses that I need for the things that I usually shoot and stop at there. My gear will top at 4 lenses (9-18, 12-60, 50-200, 30mm). I don't see the need to own so many lenses most of which would probably end up sitting in the dry cabinet and not used.

The only thing I can't seem to resist is camera bags...god damn it...now I know how women feel.

Buy new upgrade.... sell old lens.

Example - Upgraded to EF 100mm Macro.... sold my EF-S 60mm Macro ;)

eventually U will upgrade your 100mm Macro to maybe 150 or 180mm, right?

Err... not really.... I'm currently using a Kenko 1.5x TC to increase the 100mm to 150mm :bsmilie:

The only thing I can't seem to resist is camera bags...god damn it...now I know how women feel.

Different bag to match different attires and events? :bsmilie:

Different bag to match different attires and events? :bsmilie:

True! I also try to streamline my bag now... but I find that no matter how I streamline, I still own 7bags.

I am looking at Think Tank Modular set to be my 8th Collection for storage.

True! I also try to streamline my bag now... but I find that no matter how I streamline, I still own 7bags.

I am looking at Think Tank Modular set to be my 8th Collection for storage.

Same same..... I have a difference bag for every combo my small collection of Lens and DSLR bodies could make.... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.