Streaks after transferring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D100S

Apr 26, 2005
Singapore
I sort of destroyed all photos of my recent family trip to langkawi. When I transferred the files over to my external hdd, streaks of I-do-not-know-what appeared on all photos. The best part is that it was a move not a copy! Undoing only caused the pc to move the files from the hdd to the card... with the same illusions!
Anyway of undoing the damage!

PEO_8996a.jpg

The streaks were caused by the camera, not by the card or the PC or the harddisk. An error on the card/hdd/pc would cause the files to be unreadable. Get your camera checked.

The pictures were okay in the camera. I transferred them using a card reader. From the card it was alright until i transferred them into my harddisk. I have since reformatted the disk anddid some adjustments to the connections(usb). No problems so far... keeping my fingers crossed.
Pix transferred from cam to my nb showed no such effects.
Thanks bro....

Most cameras implement a low-res thumbnail used for viewing in-camera. The 'ok' pictures you saw on the camera were the thumbnails. The streaks you saw were the high-res ones on your PC. So they look "alright" on the camera LCD -- bcoz you were not really looking at the originals, but a thumbnail. Hope this makes sense to you.

Still think you'd better get the camera checked out, especially if it happens again. Streaks on one or two photo usually indicate incomplete writing due to low-batt or card error situation. Streaks on all photos usually mean camera or sensor fault.

stop using the memory card then recover the image from the memory card using some software.

YMMV
The recovery software wont work bcoz TS had already overwritten the card by "undoing" the move, which caused the PC to rewrite the streaked images back to the card.

So far, have had no more of the same problem. Maybe its a connection problem with my external hdd. Have since reformatted the drive, changed the cables. So far ... holding!

Status
Not open for further replies.