Strawberry on mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
Trying out abstract still life with strawberries.

The lighting here was one at the side and one at the back to dimly lit up the berries. I've poured some water to break the shape of the reflection as well as fill up the otherwise empty spaces around the berries in the frame.

I'm wondering how I can actually improve on the water on the surface
i.e. how to better lit it and in what dynamic shape?

as for the berries, what other better compositions can I work on besides alternating positions and one cut the other not.

Lastly, any improvement that can be done to the lighting? Flash photography is still my weakness.

2283983164_b50ffa5684.jpg

Thanks!

personally i would prefer a tighter crop. would have prefered that not too much of the foreground as the water isn't the main subject.

it's a nice and sharp picture, and i like how the strawberries stand out against the black bg. :D

perhaps you could choose a better looking strawberry? the one in the foreground is quite weird to me. :bsmilie:

good job

personally i would prefer a tighter crop. would have prefered that not too much of the foreground as the water isn't the main subject.

it's a nice and sharp picture, and i like how the strawberries stand out against the black bg. :D

perhaps you could choose a better looking strawberry? the one in the foreground is quite weird to me. :bsmilie:

good job

yes i got to agree the strawberries are awfully distorted at birth. I've tried looking in vain to buy any nice ones.

Well the intention of the water was to lead the eye out of the strawberries.

Got to agree tighter crop! I realised the top left droplet seems out of place..

the background and lighting is nice. perhaps you could try sprinkling smaller droplets of water so that it doesnt puddle. that reflection is also a little distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.