Strawberry Mousse Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil'Foot

Nov 9, 2006
35ku788.jpg

Zoomed in to approx 60mm so that the perspective is near to 1:1 to avoid the wide angle distortion, basic three point lighting (no $$ to invest in better lights) and photoshop reduce image size 25%.

I'm sick of the same old way I always take close-ups. After sometime it all look the same :( Any advice? Thanks in advance! :D

1:1? you mean your cake is so small?

btw, your lasso not done properly. And the way u crop does not do justice to the cake, and lastly, can i have a piece of it?

I think he meant 1:1 on the perspective ratio and not the magnification ratio. Hope I am right about his meaning.:)

Some how, it looks a but soft on my monitor...but the cake looks delicious;p

1:1? you mean your cake is so small?

btw, your lasso not done properly. And the way u crop does not do justice to the cake, and lastly, can i have a piece of it?

yummy yummy.......something wrong.... but dunno how to say....

yummy yummy.......something wrong.... but dunno how to say....

You say it best... when u say nothing at all... :bsmilie:

add on... lighting uneven, some parts over expose, focusing is soft (like bolty said) cos your focus is on the centre so the sides are soft. and my guess is the lighting is too harsh as well...

I didn't crop or lasso, you mean composition?

Yup, perspective ratio as lastboltnut said.

Oh i used as wide aperture (4.7) as possible to get the shallow dof, quite limited on my f11 p&s when zoomed anyway. Focus is on the middle uncut strawberry. Was going for the soft feel..

Do you supposed it'd look better with everything razor sharp, i.e. deeper dof?

I didn't crop or lasso, you mean composition?

Yup, perspective ratio as lastboltnut said.

Oh i used as wide aperture (4.7) as possible to get the shallow dof, quite limited on my f11 p&s when zoomed anyway. Focus is on the middle uncut strawberry. Was going for the soft feel..

Do you supposed it'd look better with everything razor sharp, i.e. deeper dof?

yup, would look better if everything is sharp.

but then i dun understand how you get such jaggy edges without a bad lasso or cut... hmm...

yup, would look better if everything is sharp.

but then i dun understand how you get such jaggy edges without a bad lasso or cut... hmm...

thanks! will note that next time. what about composition wise? one of my biggest weakness. sigh..

think it's coz of the resize.. on closer look the cake board in actual is not perfectly round either.

thanks! will note that next time. what about composition wise? one of my biggest weakness. sigh..

think it's coz of the resize.. on closer look the cake board in actual is not perfectly round either.

so i guess better find either a square or a round board next time.

composition wise, too much blank space on the top & side, if u wanna have this type of angle, try to do a 1/2 slice instead or 1/4, cos when u do 1/4 on cakes, u miss out the frontal section which shows details of the cake.

P.S, maybe next time can shoot and eat your cakes... how to order? ;p

so i guess better find either a square or a round board next time.

composition wise, too much blank space on the top & side, if u wanna have this type of angle, try to do a 1/2 slice instead or 1/4, cos when u do 1/4 on cakes, u miss out the frontal section which shows details of the cake.

P.S, maybe next time can shoot and eat your cakes... how to order? ;p

I was going for 1/3 but apparently failed.

hee.. see my sig. but the pics there sucks big time.. lotsa color cast that I didn't bother to do anything about (didn't hv the lightings back then, was relying on florencent >_<)

i would have preferred a darker background. and as others have commented, its a bit too bright, some harsh lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.