Strawberries Anyone? Sweet or Sour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a FZ20 to capture this shot, and was quite surprise on the ability to give a rather shallow depth of view. Any C & C appreciated.

Cheers,
Tantor

P1080556.jpg

Ha ha ha ! There is always two side of the coin. Looks all right for me.

the strawberries looks hidden
the leaves are distracting
just my 2cents :)

haha.... we have the same mind..
my eyes constantly being destrated by the front leaves..

btw, where do you get this photos? in singapore?

looking at size of strawberries...more like genting. :)

it's alright for me. i would have prefered a close up shot of the strawberries with the leaves as background.

I like that punchy colour.... ;)

looking at size of strawberries...more like genting. :)

it's alright for me. i would have prefered a close up shot of the strawberries with the leaves as background.

Thanks for all the comments so far, it is really appreciated, that the issue of the focus of the picture comes into mind almost immediately. Although I must admit that these strawberries are pretty small, but this photo was not taken in Genting, but was taken in a strawberry farm near Monterey, California. They have nice big ripes ones but these are usually harvested for sale in the supermarkets, etc. The smaller ones are left on, for us tourists to experience picking strawberries straight from the soil... and despite their small size... they sure pack a punch in terms of taste.... really sweet... guess it's all because the sugar is concentrated in a small package.

And if you want to take photos of the strawberries in the front, then either you can artificially lift the strawberries, as they are low lying fruits, or you can basically be One with the ground and shoot the photo upwards.... that's why this photo was shot this way.

I do like the contrasting colors and the impact is gives... almost feels like I can reach out and grab one....

Cheers,
Tantor

The 'hidden' effect of the strawberries looks nice to me, like we are searching through the leaves for something special inside. Only if there had been a few more or larger strawberries. Perhaps zooming in more might help??

Good try Tantor, though I would prefer if you could open up your aperture to throw the surrounding leaves out of focus.

Initially i thought you were at Sunnry ridge strawberry farm at Melbourne, Victoria ;) was there earlier this year and got some shots of the strawberries for picking in my web gallery. Thanks for sharing

Good try Tantor, though I would prefer if you could open up your aperture to throw the surrounding leaves out of focus.

Initially i thought you were at Sunnry ridge strawberry farm at Melbourne, Victoria ;) was there earlier this year and got some shots of the strawberries for picking in my web gallery. Thanks for sharing

I think that would have made the picture more focused on the strawberries, unfortunately the FZ20 had its limitations and I did the best I could. Thanks for the comments. But I do like the way the FZ series of cameras, manipulates the colours to give it a really nice feel to the picture.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.