Strangest encounter today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very amusing.

Oh well, another reason to get prime lenses? Because they look so small, petite and harmless. :D

when you are extremely professional

you can use expensive lenses as beer mugs

2319154378_a7de29882c_o.jpg

on another note, soon the squirrels will be denied entry into restaurants too.. at the rate they are going, they will learn how to use telephoto lenses soon
What the,....is this photo REAL??? What happen to the lens man? :eek:

soak in sea water so soak in plain water for a 'best' salvage?

when you are extremely professional

you can use expensive lenses as beer mugs

2319154378_a7de29882c_o.jpg

on another note, soon the squirrels will be denied entry into restaurants too.. at the rate they are going, they will learn how to use telephoto lenses soon

someone mentioned about water bottles looking like lenses sometime back, so they do exist afterall :bsmilie: though i still prefer plain looking water bottles that are functional :)

And also how policy or rule makers set up boundaries also shape how people response or act as a whole too don't you think? You either smart up or dumb down the nation as a whole. Then how would that effect us on the world stage as a competent nation for workers and business? Personally, I want a thinking person not a drone working for me but that's just me. :)

All or nothing...wanna stop people from taking photos..then stop everyone...big or small cameras including mobile phone cameras. That way I only thinking the one who thought this up is stupid. To do what they did by distinguish that big camera are professional camera thus more dangerous for planning some terrorist act or have the ability to capture photo good enough for commercial use...then that just confirm he/she IS stupid and lazy for not doing their research and keeping up with the times as decision makers. In no way am I going to be unhappy with the lady and I too would comply and put my camera aside but I would think badly about the organisation and how all this will effect possible growth and repuation lost due to stuff like this. It's small but if all this happen at every level of the organisation...it all adds up. Anyway, we see this happening all around lah and that is what scares me since I see this more and more of late. Maybe is it not stupidity. I should stop calling it that hehe.. But for sure I think it is about being too damn lazy to play catch up and stay relevant. okay me ranting...so don't respond to this second part lah heheh...

ok lah, guess nobody wants a regulation to stop everyone taking photo..right?
and it is really endless if everyone scream about what they can do and what they can't do..
as usual, u take picture whenever you can but if u are requested not to do so then don't..if u really want to take pic try to be low profile or take like a spy..

it seems like people nowadays had forgotten about what is street photography..that older day people try to get compact, quiet camera..and some technique that makes other people not being noticed. Don't swing your DSLR around, or flash, and keep checking on screen after each shot..well, we all just get alert when we see ppl get big camera and take pictures at us or our house, or area..maybe you don't, but i am sure some people do for their own reason.

holding a big DSLR and parading along the street is hardly getting friendly response..i take photo every place, in mrt, in bus in shopping mall in any event, but i do it with compact camera like olympus mju or xa.. i just think not every one will feel comfortable with someone w a big camera..

Heard too many times, security guards or whoever try to ask photographers not to do so, they photographers always ask for rules or regulations..and what is our right? sometimes those security guards or whatever officers are just following instruction from management..they are rude sometimes, but why not just make a better life to others when what matters is only a few shots that doesn't matter..

Just my little opinion...

I have this feeling that lots of pro photographers have a small camera as a backup for situations where holding the big rigs draws too many stares. I would probably pick up a Canon G9 or something similar (just my preference) for such situations.

Not a pro. But I did exactly just that... a 1D series body draws a little too much attention at times. But it works both ways. Sometimes they leave you alone coz they think you're from the media, and hackle you like crazy coz they think you're a tourist.

Oh well.

I was shopping with my relatives at Orchard and outside Paragon, there was a nice 'mini open lounge' set-up by Citibank for their cardholders with a small stage for a live jazz band. We were allowed in for a free drink and I took casual snaps of my folks getting a drink.

Next moment, a babe informs me (very nicely), that professional photographs are not allowed.

I will behave like my normal self.

This is a Citibank thingy for Citibank customers right. They won't know what hit them, and they don't want to know. As I have said, I will behave like I always will.

I don't find it amusing, I find it utterly STUPID.

someone mentioned about water bottles looking like lenses sometime back, so they do exist afterall :bsmilie: though i still prefer plain looking water bottles that are functional :)

Hehehe...that was Dennis who asked how come got no L water bottles.

264083547_nbYQy-M-0.jpg
264083546_jbEBY-M.jpg

Hehehehe!

Decades ago, I used to take photos on the insides of BANKS, in full view of everyone, with an SLR. Of course, no one knew I was taking those photos. I even spoke with one security guard while taking photos. When I submitted my school assignment, my teacher was like 'WTH! How did you get those pictures???!!!' Pentax MX cloth shutter and mirror was super silent, like Leica RFs. Hehehehe... I got a distinction for that project.

But Sammy made some valid points.

ok lah, guess nobody wants a regulation to stop everyone taking photo..right?
and it is really endless if everyone scream about what they can do and what they can't do..
as usual, u take picture whenever you can but if u are requested not to do so then don't..if u really want to take pic try to be low profile or take like a spy..

it seems like people nowadays had forgotten about what is street photography..that older day people try to get compact, quiet camera..and some technique that makes other people not being noticed. Don't swing your DSLR around, or flash, and keep checking on screen after each shot..well, we all just get alert when we see ppl get big camera and take pictures at us or our house, or area..maybe you don't, but i am sure some people do for their own reason.

holding a big DSLR and parading along the street is hardly getting friendly response..i take photo every place, in mrt, in bus in shopping mall in any event, but i do it with compact camera like olympus mju or xa.. i just think not every one will feel comfortable with someone w a big camera..

Heard too many times, security guards or whoever try to ask photographers not to do so, they photographers always ask for rules or regulations..and what is our right? sometimes those security guards or whatever officers are just following instruction from management..they are rude sometimes, but why not just make a better life to others when what matters is only a few shots that doesn't matter..

Just my little opinion...

wah...got Bigma beer tower? haha

Someone should contact an MO for these water bottles. Would be great to have one.

Mabbie should send Canon these pix. Their little souvenirs seem to make brisk sales and it's super easy money anyways!

I will behave like my normal self.

This is a Citibank thingy for Citibank customers right. They won't know what hit them, and they don't want to know. As I have said, I will behave like I always will.

I don't find it amusing, I find it utterly STUPID.

That's what makes DP DP! Ain't no other like the original DP! :bsmilie:

wonder what happen to that L lens dripping water:think:

Hey, you think if have enough interest, Canon would listen?

Mabbie if there are like a few hundred here sign up in a thread, and we send it to Canon they might do something?

Encounter this problem a few month ago when shooting my ger at Singapore History Museum. The sercuity told me that i need to paid to do photo shoot inside SHM, which is S$107 including GST. :sweat:

At the meantime, there are a group of tourist happily snapping away without been stop.

I am singaporean and sometimes I really feel ashamed or ponder at the stupidity that exists in us collectively as citizens.

1. I mean, DSLR = you're pro, compact = you're a snapshot amateur?! :bigeyes::bsmilie:

2. People who queue endlessly or rush like crazy for something as long as publicity is made known (think Hello Kitty toys offered by Mc's that culminated in shattered glasses and ugly squabbles. What are the ugly looking cheapo dolls worth now anway?)

3. Hordes of people who get cheated BIG on Get-rich-quick scams which are so clearly impossible to be true.

4. Apparently calling ourselves "citizens with good hearts" by donating large sums of money to dubious charitable organizations and foreigners we totally dun know who impersonate as monks and handicaps. And they all turn out to be bogus! Time and again, people still won't stop to donate and say: Never mind.... (That to me is not "good hearted". It is stupidity.)

But when it comes to simple things like helping our own people (which costs nothing!!!), like giving up seats for the needy on public transport, or opening doors and giving way to aligning passengers, we won't do!

5. Bright yellow lines drawn on the MRT grounds for us to learn how to queue, like kindergarten kids. (Never once have seen any such lines in subway stations in the major cities I travel to while overseas.) Yet still, many singahpoleans everyday are blind to the lines! Fwah...

7. Teenagers from top schools standing near the MRT doors in a packed train who fail to move out first to let passengers get out before going back in. They prefer to stand rooted near the door and make passengers squeeze through. Maybe their science teacher forgot to tell them their bodies are made of solid, not gases!

8. And many more...

*Grin* Wad can we say....

Encounter this problem a few month ago when shooting my ger at Singapore History Museum. The sercuity told me that i need to paid to do photo shoot inside SHM, which is S$107 including GST. :sweat:

At the meantime, there are a group of tourist happily snapping away without been stop.

Yup, fine example of the typical goondo Singaporean.

Status
Not open for further replies.