Stranger to photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingpong729

Dec 20, 2005
North East
hi hi, first time here... am stranger to photography... knows nothing about it.. :embrass:

Hi, welcome, hope you enjoy this forum and find it useful.

It will be better if you can get some books form National Library about photography for beginner. After you finish a book, you will have better understating about photography.

Hope this help.

this forum is too advanced for beginner like me...i guess:(

Don't worry. Begin reading up articles on the Net. And post any queries you have here. There are many newbies around here. ( I am one) :)

pingpong729 said:
this forum is too advanced for beginner like me...i guess:(
Not really, but reading a book will get you a better overall view and have a systematic learning,

Here you will get very confuse if someone giving all kind of suggestion and options, it may or may not help you in learning photography. In short, you need to filter out what are the useful information.

thank you!! Going library now... hopefully can get one... hmmm... oso camera i guess.
any suggestion out there? something $$ reasonable for beginner?:)

A film SLR would get u started.

Alternatively, DSLRs like Canon 300D, 350D, Nikon D50, D70s, Minolta 5D would get u started.

Be prepared to set aside at least $1.5K

Wah, give chance leh, jsbn... Total newbie leh... :bsmilie:

Better get simple PnS to learn basic concepts of lighting, composition, etc first. :)

philliptan said:

Better get simple PnS to learn basic concepts of lighting, composition, etc first. :)

Yup!

Better still, just making pictures simply for the heck of it! And then find ways to improve later.

philliptan said:

Hmm... I wun dismiss PnS for their learning ability but make sure he gets the right one. Not one that's fully automatic with little or no room to learn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.