Strange thing happened in my apartment....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongsien

Mar 11, 2002
Hong Kong
Visit site
I am pretty puzzeled by this: a few days ago there was this brown pool of sticky liquid underneath the door of my fridge. When I tasted it, it tasted like sweet soysauce, BUT there is no sweet soysauce in the fridge! My bottle of sweet soysauce (indonesian type) is opposite the fridge......and it is not leaking. So, I cleaned the floor......

Then yesterday it appeared again! A smaller pool though, and mind you I am alone in the house, no one else could have spoiled that there.......unless.....

How can this happen?

Hong Sien

Maybe some kind of s h i t? :bsmilie: :sticktong

its probably rust..

huh? liquid from underneath the fridge and you dare to TASTE IT? :eek: :eek:

anyway, is the fridge very old? old type of fridge usually got this tray that collect moisture condensed by the fridge...similar to aircon

the brown and stick stuff can be due to all sort of dirts :ipuke:

Wai said:
huh? liquid from underneath the fridge and you dare to TASTE IT? :eek: :eek:

anyway, is the fridge very old? old type of fridge usually got this tray that collect moisture condensed by the fridge...similar to aircon

the brown and stick stuff can be due to all sort of dirts :ipuke:
Well, I am still alive while I a typing this :)....... yes I did taste it as I was really curious! The inside of fridge is CLEAN! Thas the strange thing, it didn't come from inside the fridge.....the door was also closed all the time...

HS

ashbok said:
its probably rust..
It didn't look like it, was sticky, and certainly didn't taste like rust...I know how that taste, with the rusty water coming out from my bathroom tap....

HS

hongsien said:
Well, I am still alive while I a typing this :)....... yes I did taste it as I was really curious! The inside of fridge is CLEAN! Thas the strange thing, it didn't come from inside the fridge.....the door was also closed all the time...

HS

check if the water tray below the fridge is full

Wai said:
check if the water tray below the fridge is full
No, it is not full, and I checked the inside of the fridge, NO brown marks or whatsoever......strange....

HS

hongsien said:
I already cleaned it, but will wait till it appears again and take a shot ;-)

HS

hope you will survive the next one should it appear again! :bsmilie:
off power for safety and use your hand to feel under fridge see got any leak or not..

you're not the only one. my fridge too. large quantities of it appeared in my crisper compartment. didn't taste it but it smelled sickly sweet and had the texture of congealed coke syrup or soya sause. after a few times cleaning it, no more. dunno why also.

for your own safety please do not taste it......

45.gif
sounds like the refrigerant liquid leaked and mixed with dirt and all ... check the pipes below or behind the fridge ... and you actually tasted it :eek: :confused:

that's funny.... my fridge also got the brown liquid...
but it's inside the fridge, just underneath the door... can't seem to find the source...
Hmmm....

Strange things have been happening recently...

Firefox & his unexposed frame...
Sion & his green grandma...
U & your brown liquid...

Bbbbrrrrr.......

now u've a free sauce dispenser, don't complain! try adding some to ur cooking, might be the X factor to cooking. Might make millions selling it as fridge sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.