strange recollections

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
soem army tales ;-)

1.my version:

in my last few months of service, i was in a stay-out unit with 4 bunks. the bunk was supposedly haunted. for 3 separate times, i had weird encounters whenever i dozed off in bunk#2 in the dead of the night. there would be female voices being heard along the corridor, sensations of soem external "thingy" shaking my whole body while i lay half-dreaming-half awake on the bed, noises of plastic bag being dragged across the floor.
but some other guy got the most scary one: marching footsteps just meters away from his bed

2.my friend's version:

he was a BMT instructor. sometimes due to nothing to do, he would wake up 5+ am in the mornign to go for a fast run. one part of the running path he took was in very very very dim darkness behind an old block. throughout that part of the run, there would always be "additonal footsteps" running in pace behind him. after a few of such runs, he never took that path again

3.another friend's version:

he was a driver and was once attached to another units' company for a night outfield exercise. after the coy went into the forest for their mission , he was left alone with the landrover and to look after some remaining stores.
while waitign i nthe darkness, he heard rustling sounds amongst the bushes...and caught a brief glimpse of soem shadowy human-like figures movign very very quickly thru thru the vegetation. a while later, one of the COY guys came back to him cos they 4got to brign soem stores, and confirmed with him that the entire COY was still somewhere in the bushes waiting to start the mission. so who were the shadowy guys?? thru-out the entire mission, he was tasked to wait behind the coy at various points in the wilderness. at every waiting point, he encountered the shadowy figures. they were always within a few metres of his reach ..but disappeared as fast as they appeared.

I also got one such story related to the bunk, in which i lived in.

When i first moved into that bunk, i was told the story immediately for fear that I will do something wrong.

I was told NEVER to try opening a particular locker in the bunk. That locker has the oldest lock I've ever seen. . . I didn't think much about it though...

My CSM is one of the most 'On-the-ball" kind. INstructed us to reorganise out bunk arrangements, and that was when I noticed that particular locker required 3 person to push it along the floor while others only require a person to do likewise.

During one of the stand-by bunk inspection, my CSM ordered all of us to open our lockers, and that was when he insisted that we break open that particular locker. He maintained that there shouldn't be extra lockers in the Bunk! Our most lao jiao guy spoke up then.

He warned that CSM not to try opening it. According to the lao jiao, that locker has been there for a couple of years. The story goes like this:...

Many years ago, after one of the earliest military trip to Thailand, the young man brought back a gift and left it inside the locker. The next day, the camp found him dead at the bottom of the block. He jumped apparently. No one knew why....no one knew what happened too, and no one attempted to open his locker. Since then, there were stories about sightings of a woman's head floating around in the bunk at night; stories about banging from within the locker; stories about groanings and screeching from within the locker. The more errie thingy is the weight of that locker. It is incredibly heavy! No joke about that! There must be something very heavy in that locker!

After the CSM heard this story, he said he dun care about the legend, and ordered that he will not want to see that locker during the next Stand-by-Bunk. But no one among us dared to open the locker for prudence sake. Strangely, during the next stand-by-bunk, the CSM told us to leave that locker alone. Since then (during my service from 1996-1998), no CSM succeeding that particular CSM, ordered us to open that locker.

Personally, I've slept alone in that bunk a number of times over the weekends, but thankfully, i heard nothing, and see nothing. I do get up in the middle of the night to visit the loo, but i didn't see anything also. SO, I'm not sure whether the stories about the floating head, and screams are true, but i do know is that the locker is incredibly heavy, and the story about the young man who jumped is true also. Of course, that locker really belonged to him.

I leave the rest to you readers.....believe or believe not....personally, I dun want to think too much about it....but this story never eluded me whenever someone talks about army fables....

how about telling us which camp and block? plenty of such stories in the army so yeah just be nice and respectful, don't be a hero for nothing.

Clive, your friend's story: in BMT the whole darn camp should be awake and screaming by 0500, unless these days recruit can sleep till 0600!? In any case, running footstep in sync would be echo, but if you feel the hair on your back crawl, it's time to get out and go somewhere else (I always trust my instinct).

echo?..oh, in sync as in to him it felt like somebody else was pacing him during the run, about 20m behind.

mine is sungei gedong camp. I was there before they did some construction work. it's the block between the then-ATC, and the MTL.

clive said:
echo?..oh, in sync as in to him it felt like somebody else was pacing him during the run, about 20m behind.

yeah, not common especially if you are running in a concrete surrounding, e.g. tank shed.

garvinchow said:
mine is sungei gedong camp. I was there before they did some construction work. it's the block between the then-ATC, and the MTL.

whoa! I did my Armour Engineer course in 38SCE and all my reservist in ATC. What do you mean then-ATC? You mean it moved? My final in camp was 2000 so which block was it? MTL= MT Line? You mean the block with the guard room? maybe you PM me with details? :sweat:

I have no encounters during my army days, but I do have when I was young at my house. I used to hear marching foot-steps just by the corridoor. I stook a peep out and saw nothing and the sound vanished. When I go back to bed and was about to fall asleep, it came back again. :bigeyes:

hwchoy said:
whoa! I did my Armour Engineer course in 38SCE and all my reservist in ATC. What do you mean then-ATC? You mean it moved? My final in camp was 2000 so which block was it? MTL= MT Line? You mean the block with the guard room? maybe you PM me with details? :sweat:

It's not the block with the guard room...the guardroom was where the entrance of the camp used to be. Hee...it's nearer the HQ4SAB Armskote room....but not sure if armskote room is still there. If you know where the 4th level QuarterMaster (QM) bunk is, you will know that it's the bigger bunk next to it.

In the past, there were a couple of Motor Transport Lines (MTLs), 4SAB, 42SAR, 46SAR, and ATC. Wondering if the 4 MTLs are still there...ha ha ha...

Oks...i have a story to share too.

I was with an Armour Unit, and we were one of the first few battalions to be using the Bionix Armoured Vehicle to train and for ATEC.

There was this one particular vehicle that was sent to my company. We heard that it actually overturned during one of its test runs, but apparently the guys at ST Logistics fixed it. However, it seemed that the vehicle wasnt contented with just one accident.

A mechanic had his finger sandwiched and cut off in a freak accident while practicing how to service its track and wheels.

One day, while training, my fren had his wrist fractured on the vehicle cos the cargo hatch slammed on him. I can tell u that e hatch is damn ****ing heavy!

Then, another fren of fell from the top that vehicle and suffered a slip disc.
As he was warded in the hospital, he dreamt of a lady in white in the vehicle, lamenting that the owner had not treated her properly.

During ATEC, the same vehicle again had to be sent back to camp as the nuts on the roadwheel were coming off for no reason.

Proof that machines do take on a live of their own?

yup! u too?

i was there from october1998 till july1999.

Few days ago in fact, I dreamt that the D70 was actually assembled by Canon! Freaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.