straitstimes news.... dj sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefen

Apr 26, 2003
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
http://www.straitstimes.com/latest/story/0,4390,266688,00.html?

I think that some time back, i did start a thread to sorta complain about this dj. I didn't know he was off the waves so soon. No wonder I didn't see him in the ndp parade eventhough he was supposed to be one of the emcees for that day (his name was printed in the limited ndp booklet).

hope he manages this situation well.....

Just read the news too. Pretty harsh move by MediaCorp I thought. Could have just put him on a probation period or something.

well the buck gotta stop somewhere. i think the decision was fair

:thumbsd:

a bit harsh... should have allowed him to issue a public apology on the air and just move on.

he got sacked for saying tt?

then wat about pple like glenn ong and the things they say during their show?

The fact that he was also taken out of the ndp parade probably shows his entertainment to the masses is over.

However, to compare his style with Glenn's is hard....Sheikh's style was simply without substance, and just lace his comments with tasteless sexist remarks.

Frankly speaking, I think he deserved it. I think for glenn ong and rod case, most of the time they are joking and the listeners know that.

But in this case, someone is calling in for advice and you give this kind of crappy answer. Not very good for the image of the station as well. And if the station is really being fined $50,000 for that. Then all the more the DJ should go.

Anyway, I personally feels that its no loss to the station.

Stefen said:
The fact that he was also taken out of the ndp parade probably shows his entertainment to the masses is over.

However, to compare his style with Glenn's is hard....Sheikh's style was simply without substance, and just lace his comments with tasteless sexist remarks.

It should be over long ago. Never like his style of entertaining and never find him entertaining at all. And I think most of the time he was invited to perform because there aren't many other malays around and you know everytime we need a representation from the 4 races.....

mebbe rappers have their "bad boy" image to uphold.

imagine what an uproar eminem would cause as a radio dj.... :think:

hmm don't really find anything so wrong with what he said that could lead to the sacking. maybe someone should go tell the person who complained about this ... "welcome to the year 2004" ... :bsmilie: well that's just my thoughts, others need not agree though. ;)

Class 95 morning express team should be sack then.... :confused:

didn't our new PM in his inaugural speech say that every singaporean deserves a second chance? :dunno:

zaren said:
didn't our new PM in his inaugural speech say that every singaporean deserves a second chance? :dunno:

maybe on condition they don't say the word 'panties'. ooops! my boss saw me typing the word! he's gonna sack me now .... :(

renegade said:
maybe on condition they don't say the word 'panties'. ooops! my boss saw me typing the word! he's gonna sack me now .... :(

for cryin out loud.... do u have any idea how many tasteless R(A) movies are allowed to be screened here nowadays???? :bigeyes:

zaren said:

His second chance is to go to WRKZ 91.3 as it's from another station.
;p

zaren said:
for cryin out loud.... do u have any idea how many tasteless R(A) movies are allowed to be screened here nowadays???? :bigeyes:

They termed it as "artistic" !

icer said:
His second chance is to go to WRKZ 91.3 as it's from another station.
;p

or he can try power 98.0? boost army boys morale there! ;p

zaren said:

the stifling society is just churning out ngiao people who are ultra sensitive to words such as panties, underwear, etc...

i am just wondering if Sheik would have kept his job if he had said "white undergarments" instead.

Anyway, i felt that the listener who called in was just asking for it... I mean, which bodoh would ask how to approach a girl on national radio and expect model-answer type of reply?

If anything, Sheik's reply was full of wit and humour. Alright, maybe it was in poor taste, but seriously, how then should he have answered that bodoh?

Intellect for such a stupid question?

Hmmm.. let's see:

Listener: Hi Sheik, How to approach girl ah?

DJ: Well, well, first you must seek permission from her mother and father before meeting her. It would be extremely wise of you to prepare a dowry of 2 cows, 10 pieces of gold, and a pair of chickens. Ensure that no other village cowherd has her eyes on her for she may have been betrothed since birth.

If anything, WE SHOULD BAN BODOHS LIKE THE LISTENER OFF THE AIRWAVES! THis type of question really make me puke... loser question lah....
because of losers like him, DJ kena sack!

:angry:

engineermunn said:
the stifling society is just churning out ngiao people who are ultra sensitive to words such as panties, underwear, etc...

i am just wondering if Sheik would have kept his job if he had said "white undergarments" instead.

Anyway, i felt that the listener who called in was just asking for it... I mean, which bodoh would ask how to approach a girl on national radio and expect model-answer type of reply?

If anything, Sheik's reply was full of wit and humour. Alright, maybe it was in poor taste, but seriously, how then should he have answered that bodoh?

Intellect for such a stupid question?

Hmmm.. let's see:

Listener: Hi Sheik, How to approach girl ah?

DJ: Well, well, first you must seek permission from her mother and father before meeting her. It would be extremely wise of you to prepare a dowry of 2 cows, 10 pieces of gold, and a pair of chickens. Ensure that no other village cowherd has her eyes on her for she may have been betrothed since birth.

If anything, WE SHOULD BAN BODOHS LIKE THE LISTENER OFF THE AIRWAVES! THis type of question really make me puke... loser question lah....
because of losers like him, DJ kena sack!

:angry:

Disclaimer:
I am in no way supporting Sheik. I am just disgusted at losers who want to have their 2 seconds worth of airtime with stupid questions and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.