Storm rider II ... A miss or a Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess it's more like 'splat'

lol ... agreedable ... :bsmilie:

Same here. The whole theatre is laughing at the whole scene when everyone was like WTF??? for 5 secs and then started laughing at how mr bean the whole scene has became.

I must say that it wasn't even worth half the ticket price. 0.5 out of 5 popcorns.:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

you still good enough to rate it... not bad ...hehe

Good lah.. you kind folks out there have saved me some money...

i hope more ppl can post their review on any movies here, to advice and event prompt those nice movie.

Cinematography is gd, the first half of the show might be blend but the mental fight of wind and cloud is really creative and interesting. Maybe some ppl still prefer traditional fighting scene and find it hard to accept pang brothers attempt to remake the storm rider standard set in 1998 but I feel that this is the film that is going to set the benchmark of other Chinese action film in times to come. It's also not easy to work on a title that is set for the mainstream audience but challenging the limit to do it creatively yet making majority able to appreciate the film... Many years ago ppl think that the cgi was budget, today ppl complain abt plots was cheesy and storyline sucks, afterall it's a adaptation from a old comics story... It's a matter of accepting the changes today or not :)

Last edited:
Im not sure if there is a new standard being set to Hong Kong movie industry. Changes confirm there will be, but how much and effort will depend on the $$. Hong Kong movie industry does not have the kind of $$ like Oversea that can spend like no body business. Rather that try to give sub-standard, might as well come up with something like "IP-Man" version. Simple, yet nice.

You no need always follow the Ang Mo style just find and improve on Asian style can lao...

art style nvm... but a lot of useless carefare like gollum/ darth vadar and persian army ( 300 )
ugly LOL-worthy slow-mo/freeze frame mug shots... want to freeze also put more glam mah... :(

the actors keep getting that stoned look ... and female actress even worse ..they keep looking at corner top left /right for some reason lolx

Last edited:
The next thing I know for sure is that when the 3rd sequel is out, I would not be watching it until I see the feedbacks from movie-goers if the sequel is good. Once bitten, twice shy.

if part 3 still aaron kwok and ekin cheng, 100% will not watch it. by then they are too old to be Wind and Cloud lao. And hopefully got ppl write review of the movie lor.

Im not sure if there is a new standard being set to Hong Kong movie industry. Changes confirm there will be, but how much and effort will depend on the $$. Hong Kong movie industry does not have the kind of $$ like Oversea that can spend like no body business. Rather that try to give sub-standard, might as well come up with something like "IP-Man" version. Simple, yet nice.

You no need always follow the Ang Mo style just find and improve on Asian style can lao...

Too much "Ip Man" ppl will also complain ma .... Simple also. :bsmilie:

coming from a fan of the 1st 2 chapter of the lengendary comic, the movie was trying very hard to stay true to the comic. in fact, if you are familiar with the comic, alot of the scenes would make sense, way more sense than the 1st movie. But that also leads us to the disappointing part of most comic to movie translation which is the fact that they are trying to squeeze months/years of story telling, into a 2hr movie. And as we all know, never works. And that is why newcomers to the Feng Yun mythology, will never every fully grasp what and why things are happening the way it is, which is a real pity.

On a side-note, they really should display more of 排云掌 & 风神腿 as they are way cooler than the sword/sabre fights. At least in my mind they are! haha

On a side-note, they really should display more of 排云掌 & 风神腿 as they are way cooler than the sword/sabre fights. At least in my mind they are! haha

There is a say, if want to do then do the best. If not then don't do it. If want to squeeze so many thing into 2 hrs show then the plot have to be very good. Like what u say, they should display more of the 排云掌 & 风神腿. Seem like first movie did show some, wherelse part 2 decided to enhunce 步驚雲's 霸 sword play and how 聶風練魔刀. Too much doing the wrong thing .. haha

Miss :thumbsd::thumbsd:

The scenes are all very segmented...the transition between scenes are poorly done and linked.

Special effects are lame as well. Most of the special move are projectile style...shoot water, sword, midst...nothing creative.

okie folks, Time to close the thread. Hopefully more ppl can contribute more on movie preview. Helping others to save $$ and support those shows that really worth spending. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.