Storks! Storks and more Storks... and a snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
20020303-Incoming.jpg

20020303-Incoming2.jpg

20020303-FlyBy.jpg

20020303-FlyBy2.jpg

20020303-FlyBy3.jpg

20020303-Landing.jpg

20020303-2Storks.jpg

20020303-amanda_and_snake.jpg

Wow!!! Great pics!!!

If you could get the stocks to carry your girl, it'll be even better! ;p

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I think another one is on the way izzit? :devil:

When is your wife's LMP?

eh?? i already have two daughters - enough liao ;)

Nice shots! Very sharp pictures of the bird

Wow.. nice shots... I wonder if the new D-SLRs are able to reduce their shutter lag and focus fast enough to capture this too...

Wow great shots Darren. I like the 1st one too. Looks like a chinese painting.

Originally posted by Darren

20020303-FlyBy.jpg

:D hee hee.. Willy and I very tempted to wrap your daughter up, then hang it to the stock's beak and DHL to you.. keke ;)

Ok, Jokes aside, Excellent Shots... :)

This and the other one similar to this are my favourites.

I'm viewing on laptop screen, but are some of them slightly underexposed in the sense that the 'white' colour of the stork varies from picture to picture? I note that some of the exposures are equivalent to sunny 16... but we hardly get sunny 16 conditions in singapore :)

Originally posted by Darren
20020303-Incoming.jpg

Do you need special lens to take this kind of shot?

WAH!!!!!! :eek:

Your Saddlebill Storks in flight shots have improved tremendously!!!

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(Too bad I couldn't join you yesterday.. :cry: )

Originally posted by Edmund
WAH!!!!!! :eek:

Your Saddlebill Storks in flight shots have improved tremendously!!!

(Too bad I couldn't join you yesterday.. :cry: )

indeed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

* applause *

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by erwinx
I'm viewing on laptop screen, but are some of them slightly underexposed in the sense that the 'white' colour of the stork varies from picture to picture? I note that some of the exposures are equivalent to sunny 16... but we hardly get sunny 16 conditions in singapore :)

Erwin,
You are absolutely correct when you noticed that some of the pics are underexposed - I deliberately dialed in -2/3 or -1 stop underexposure to avoid blowing out the whites on the storks back.

For a couple of the pics, i then tweaked the mid-tone/shadows portion of the Curves to regain some of the detail in those areas (don't you just love digital ;) )

The conditions when I took the pics was really sunny, but in reality, because the storks are flying in and across a wide range of lighting conditions (ie - the right hand side is dark green foliage background, the bottom half is a mid-toned green lake, the top half is bright blue sky, and the left is in shadow), it was hard to adjust for every condition, especially when panning on a single bird as it takes off from the left, flies right across (or high over) the lake, makes a right banking turn and then comes in for a landing.

p.s. the "whites" on the storks varies from a bright white to a very dark grey, so that could explain the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.