Stories of Love Photography Competition 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

clicknick

Apr 13, 2005
Hougang
Channel 5 is proud to present Stories of Love. An inaugural photography competition that celebrates relationships, friendships and passion of Singaporeans. Stories of Love is a Channel 5 Cares, Community Project.

Stories of Love is an open category photographic competition. Participants are free to interpret this year’s theme. Each participant can send up to 2 entries only.

Entries can be in black and white or in color but should not be computer-manipulated.

All participants are to submit photographs that have not been entered for any other competition.

Link here:
http://ch5.mediacorptv.com/wassup/ch5announcements/view/671/1/.html

All participants are to submit photographs that have not been entered for any other competition.
even if they didnt win anything??

Yes roger gotta send in prints... alittle draggy on that part. wished it was just upload or digital format. easier!

snowspeeder said:
Think gotta also submit in 12R prints if I'm not mistaken.

12R prints and then must laminate somemore. They might as well tell us to frame up nicely too.

um. hehe. how much will 12R burn a hole in my pocket? + lamination too

The Competition terms states that
"3. Each photograph entry must be of glossy finish and must be laminated"

x-iii said:
um. hehe. how much will 12R burn a hole in my pocket? + lamination too
I also need help on the price on lamination and the location, never laminate before :confused:. Can someone advise pls?
It will be great tt if it is the cheapest. :bsmilie: ;p

Your help is greatly appreciated.

What is meant by cannot be computer manipulated? That means cannot be use DSLR since we need computer to dl files or does it means cannot PS?:dunno:

SianZronG said:
Lamination for prints = lamination for normal paper? or izzit cold laminiation?
Can you kindly advise the price of both (location also will be great)? i nv seen cold lamination before, so i not sure which will turn out better ? can advise? thx :D

it will be of great help. Thx!.

Man.. gives me 2nd thoughts about participating in the compedition...
1) Supersize photo
2) Lamination

AND the prize is not all that great.... just Lee Wah Jewellery, voucher.. cash only for top prize....

wiskiz said:
Man.. gives me 2nd thoughts about participating in the compedition...
1) Supersize photo
2) Lamination

AND the prize is not all that great.... just Lee Wah Jewellery, voucher.. cash only for top prize....

If they return my entries after the competition, I may consider.

i'm not sure too, i just read it online in these forums but dun really know how to go about the process. >_<

Or just use hot laminiation AKA the normal one which goes throgh the machine with a sheet of plastic?

Cold lamination. Which means, they wun use those kind of clear plastic and hot air but basically the lab will take a sheet of adhesive plastic, put ur photo between and roll it thru a press.

Its a 'Do or Die' thing cos if the lab does it badly, they'll have to remove the adhesive plastic and re-do it again which may damage the print.

But most labs that offer such services are quite good at it. I pop over to the lab at Bras Basah for lamination at times. Good and fast service. The people there are quite nice as well. :)

Just noticed that the date of submission has been extended to 31 July 2006. :thumbsup:

AReality said:
Most prob coz they dun hav enuff nice 1s.
Too troublesome to send in lar.

$20+ to print/laminate/mail them, i use the $ go buy 4D better.

Just curious, anyone submitted or intend to submit their work? What is the cheapest lobang you can find for 12R+laminate?

clicknick said:
$20+ to print/laminate/mail them, i use the $ go buy 4D better.

somemore must give them cdrom & write a short story. never see a photo contest so troublesome b4... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.