Storage of Photos - How do you store yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coinfucious888

Mar 7, 2009
Western Australia
Just wondering how you store your photos.

Do you keep them in your 'puter or do you use other mediums.

For easy reference and portability, I keep my completed photos in 5 "Corsair Flash Voyager GT Flash Drives". Each one marked with the categories of the photos in it.

For example one is for "coins". Excellent for taking my collection to club meets etc.

Another holds photos of all my house hold items, mandatory for insurance purposes and tracing by Police in case some low lifes help themselves to my belongings.

Last edited:
on laptop

backup on 2 external hdds.

if still cui, then suck thumb and admit it's fate.

I store mine online as well as on HD, double protection

I store all my photos on my laptop.. and after every photoshoot, i'll sync to my pocket HDD and twice a mth, i will sync every data on my laptop to an ext HDD

Only in my main computer.

On my main computer and once a while copy to my external HD. I don't take photos for a living, so if I lose them, no big deal. Give me another reason t go out and take photos! Having said that, I'll back up valuable photo onto a DVD disk also. These are usualy family photos, e.g. birthdays, CNY, X'mas, etc.

I have them on:

1. My laptop
2. An external HDD
3. Periodic Backups on DVD

First on lap top, then transfer to external HDD. Have two HDD back up each other.

How did you stop moisture from forming when you take the photos out?

hahaha! r u serious with your question? hehe

i transfer all my photos first on my PC, put the necessary metadata, keywords, file-renaming, etc using adobe bridge, then make back ups on my HDD.

before i used to make back ups on a dvd but recently i found out that some of the files are corrupted.. dunno y..:angry:

on laptop

backup on 2 external hdds.

if still cui, then suck thumb and admit it's fate.

same. except that my pathetic laptop can't store all the photos. so i only have two copies for some of them. both on ext drives..;p

I store 1 set in my lappy, then copy and paste my whole folder to replace the set in my ext HDD.

Should be more than enough. Unless someone wants to invest in a Tape LTO backup system.

Status
Not open for further replies.