Storage of Photos - How do you store yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2009
Western Australia
Just wondering how you store your photos.

Do you keep them in your 'puter or do you use other mediums.

For easy reference and portability, I keep my completed photos in 5 "Corsair Flash Voyager GT Flash Drives". Each one marked with the categories of the photos in it.

For example one is for "coins". Excellent for taking my collection to club meets etc.

Another holds photos of all my house hold items, mandatory for insurance purposes and tracing by Police in case some low lifes help themselves to my belongings.

Last edited:

atomboy

May 10, 2008
I store mine online as well as on HD, double protection

Akatsuki

Mar 2, 2008
Serangoon
www.alanang.smugmug.com
I store all my photos on my laptop.. and after every photoshoot, i'll sync to my pocket HDD and twice a mth, i will sync every data on my laptop to an ext HDD

Zeddy

Apr 5, 2007
Only in my main computer.

tony_teo

Feb 10, 2005
Tanah Merah
On my main computer and once a while copy to my external HD. I don't take photos for a living, so if I lose them, no big deal. Give me another reason t go out and take photos! Having said that, I'll back up valuable photo onto a DVD disk also. These are usualy family photos, e.g. birthdays, CNY, X'mas, etc.

Blur Shadow

Sep 17, 2005
I have them on:

1. My laptop
2. An external HDD
3. Periodic Backups on DVD

Shen siung

May 21, 2008
First on lap top, then transfer to external HDD. Have two HDD back up each other.

dranleb

Dec 25, 2006
www.dranleb.multiply.com
How did you stop moisture from forming when you take the photos out?
hahaha! r u serious with your question? hehe

i transfer all my photos first on my PC, put the necessary metadata, keywords, file-renaming, etc using adobe bridge, then make back ups on my HDD.

before i used to make back ups on a dvd but recently i found out that some of the files are corrupted.. dunno y..:angry:

boyboy

Oct 15, 2007
on laptop

backup on 2 external hdds.

if still cui, then suck thumb and admit it's fate.
same. except that my pathetic laptop can't store all the photos. so i only have two copies for some of them. both on ext drives..;p

NovJoe

Feb 15, 2009
~Sunny Little Island~
I store 1 set in my lappy, then copy and paste my whole folder to replace the set in my ext HDD.

Should be more than enough. Unless someone wants to invest in a Tape LTO backup system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom