storage of my DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi kiddzz & Snoweagle,

just like to check if there are any online links/ reviews on DB036? [Am interested to get 1 for my 450D before any fungus comes along...) Was wondering if it's very bulky & heavy? [Any dimension, weight etc? No transport, so most probably will lug it along & squeeze with others on MRT, buses etc...]

Lastly, what is the address/ contact of Parisilk? Thanks in advance for all responses... :)

just bought DB036 at $99 w/o gst fr Parisilk.

I got one before brand new from someone else at $70. ;p

yes, either an electric dry cabinet, or dry box with silicon ... if not your lenses will be susceptible to moist and thus fungus ...

Air tight box with silicon powder is the cheapest i think but dry cabi is very easy to use and less troublesome cause u need to change silicon powder regular in weather of Singapore...

Guys, get this right, it's silica gel, not silicon or silicon gel. They are different things. Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel

sorry but since thise thread is already here. i just wanted to check, i store my camera and lens between the humidity range of 45-55.
is this okay?

sorry but since thise thread is already here. i just wanted to check, i store my camera and lens between the humidity range of 45-55.
is this okay?

Yup, that's fine.

ok.. im a newbie/noob/inexperience and i do not have much equipments just a 55-200mm VR AF-S lens, a D60 and it's kit lens... a 30L dry cabinet is it enuff?

i have thought of expanding my "collection" of lens la... but not anytime soon... im the budget kind of photograhper need time to save up money and buy lens... so i wun expend so fast..

If u won't expand so soon, the 30L is enough for your current setup.

Hi kiddzz & Snoweagle,

just like to check if there are any online links/ reviews on DB036? [Am interested to get 1 for my 450D before any fungus comes along...) Was wondering if it's very bulky & heavy? [Any dimension, weight etc? No transport, so most probably will lug it along & squeeze with others on MRT, buses etc...]

Lastly, what is the address/ contact of Parisilk? Thanks in advance for all responses... :)

When i took the DB036 back, can be quite hard to carry after a while and during that time was peak hour traffic. So i just took a cab back.

When i took the DB036 back, can be quite hard to carry after a while and during that time was peak hour traffic. So i just took a cab back.

It is quite cumbersome. Consider purchasing it on off peak period, or if you have your own car, then it's not really an issue.

It is quite cumbersome. Consider purchasing it on off peak period, or if you have your own car, then it's not really an issue.

so it is quite big ah? btw, any brand to recommend?

Akarui or Digihub are the most recommended. both comes with 5 years warranty

and frankly I think you need to start using the search function, this thread seems to surface almost every other week or so. whilst the other users might have been generous enough to provide you with detailed information, kindly try to source the info yourselves first

in singapore's humid weather, it's really a fungus breeding climate. why waste money on getting your lenses cleaned when a 5W dry cab only consumes only abt 20c SGD per month on electricity bills

big tupperware + 5sgd silica gel from photo stores. :)

so it is quite big ah? btw, any brand to recommend?

Just a point to note.

Akarui and DigiCabi out there in shops are normally Analogue ones, though Digicabi has a digital hygrometer which needs additional AAA battery to operate.

Analogue means you have to more or less "fine tune" the settings manually till it stabilise at the desired level (ie. 45-50%RH). This fine tune process might take 1 or more days to accomplish and depending on how many/what items are inside the cabinet.

I got myself a Aipo Dry Cabinet sometime back. It's fully digital and has digital hygrometer which uses electricity from the main ac outlet, so no battery to worry of.

Since it's fully digital, i just need to set it at 45%RH on day one and I just forget about it since, even when different things are stored in it later on. The digital control will turn itself on when the level hits above 45% and will turn off when it stabilise at 45%.

Quite idiot proof and easy usage.

I am not trying to promote this product as I do not sell them, but find it quite good although it's slightly more expensive than Akarui and Digicabi.

More info at www.zhaipo.com

BTW, Digicabi also has full digital model. Can see more at www.digihub.com.sg

Last edited:
get a dry cabinet.. its better to spend money getting one then to spend more trying to get your lens or camera repair due to fungues

wow you guys really helped me a lot on this issue.. many thanks!!!

i will go search up for the 2 brands mentioned and get the one i needed tne most.. :)

so set the RH 44-45%?

btw what is RH?

wow you guys really helped me a lot on this issue.. many thanks!!!

i will go search up for the 2 brands mentioned and get the one i needed tne most.. :)

so set the RH 44-45%?

btw what is RH?

Recommended is 45-55%. RH is Relative Humidity.

okay! thanks again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.