storage help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan84

Nov 1, 2003
i will be away to taiwan (starlight) for 1 year without a laptop and how i going to cope with those photos i took?:)
can help anybody?

Some photo printing shop here and many other countries do transfer photos from memory card to CDR for a fee. I don't know for sure if Taiwan's photo printing shop provide such service but I guess the chances are preety high.

Also if my memory serves, I think Sony has a device that directly burn data from memory stick to CDR (not sure if it support SD or CF). But for the price, may be it's better to buy a refurbished crappy laptop (may be a PII) which may cost under $400 and get a USB CD writer.

If you shoot JPEG and don't shoot too often, a 30GB portable harddisk should probably do the trick.

Edit: worse comes to worst, print them out.

Maybe you could consider one of those MP3 players cum photo storage like Creative's Zen Vision M. Can play video too so it'll keep you entertained. There's also the vosonic multimedia viewer from Eastgear.

Just some things to consider. I feel burning them into a cd/dvd would be better though.

burning would be good.

or get a portable hdd lor. i have one. good for backing up

Burning will be a good option I think, especially if you are restricted to the same weekend booking out system. Can always go find a print shop on a weekend. Typically, photo services are pretty cheap and fast over there. Many shops charge only NT3 ($0.15)for 4R prints.

haha..thx for all replys...after much consideration i think of getting a laptop there.Check out some prices in NT..cheaper than sg

Status
Not open for further replies.