Stop and feel the gentle Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWithoutCrutches

May 27, 2009
tumblr_kumpxnDYYE1qze9pao1_1280.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

My Compostion or if there are any area you would like to point out i would appriciate it =)

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

That we take time off and just enjoy life as it is

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

An awesome sunday morning with my Dad its been a while since i last went out with him

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

The Location, surrounding can by better.

i do like the picture cause i felt that at least the pciture showed the mood i wanted to show

Other Things to note : i Did a HDR merge and a colour gradient in Photoshop to give it the semi purple feel to it

Firstly, your horizon is tilted. Not that it cannot be tilted, but in landscape photographs, unless the tilt has a purpose, it is a fault. Anyway, as a viewer, you would feel unbalanced.

Secondly, this does not seem to be a HDR image. The sun and the clouds around it is blown, it is completely white, no details at all. If one of your source images for the HDR contains these information, it might be better and much more soothing for the eyes.

In general, landscape photography composition are as such, 70% sky, 30% water/land or vice versa. The proportion may change but it is usually around these values. The reason, I believe is to draw the viewers towards either the sky or the land. You have done a 50% division. It provides a view that seems neither here not there. This type of division could be used to show reflections in the water, however, there isn't a subject worthy of such composition.

There isn't any key subject in the photo. I have to search around. Is the crane important, does it add to the image? I find it distracting.

Colours can be more vibrant.

In conclusion, there are too many elements that prevent this photograph from being an outstanding image. Post-processing may not even enhance this any further. My advice, forget about this photo. Go on and shoot more.

I apologise if this image have any particular sentimental value that my above comment may be offensive to you.

Last edited:
The crane at the left hand side is a huge distraction, and it really does not compliment the 'gentle sun' feel you were trying to bring out. :dunno:

Here I come again...
Crop to portrait mode, removed the crane as mimik07 sugguested.
Tweak colour & contrast, rotated and a little HDR touch.
71bcfb11.jpg

Do let me know if you like the image to be removed.
Now find that dot a little distracting, but lazy to stamp it away. lolx

Status
Not open for further replies.