Stomp newbie inconsiderate fooltographer

RayDream

Nov 12, 2005
559916_10151476480545574_725805573_23953714_1666015287_n.jpg

This bugger use a full frame DSLR, with 70-200mm tele lens, sitting far from the stage, and point the f**king 580EX FLASH directly at the performers during the concert.. (not 90 degree up like you see now in this pic, even so it's still inconsiderate). The stage managers are school kids and no one controls the audience.

I am not against some newbie who has financial capabilities to play with the gears they can afford. However being inconsiderate to the stage is simply unacceptable.

Exp gear or not as audience should have some sense la don't disturb other people who is watching the performance. 580ex so power can light up stage so far?

PS: Why that tripod? Should introduce him those big Gitzo 2m high those so that he can block the audience behind next time...

Looks like an over-enthusiastic parent with then camera and the videocam. It's common sense that flashes are not allowed during performance but maybe he doesn't know.

certainly this is uncouth behavior

organizer should also request these things of the audience BEFORE the event starts
like SET mobile phones to vibrating/silent
NO FLASH allowed
usually also no video recording allowed

if they dont have such a requirements and do not stop him ..... you cant really blame the fella

p/s i see his flash pointing in the max 90deg bounce UP position leh

Last edited:
Did u tell him not to do that at that point?

Yes he is a noob. I think he forgot to bring his better beamer so his flash can reach the stage.

Why not approach him and tell him not to use flash?

Nothing wrong if organiser did not disallowed. Blame the organiser not the photographer.

Nothing wrong if organiser did not disallowed. Blame the organiser not the photographer.

There is SOMETHING wrong. The flash lights may hurt the performers eyes and cause them to get blinded temporarily.

There is SOMETHING wrong. The flash lights may hurt the performers eyes and cause them to get blinded temporarily.

Huh? Are these performers nocturnal animals? I think the guy is an inconsiderate, over-enthu parent, but you're being a bit paranoid here.

the fault is more on the organiser than on this bugger... had the organiser set it rules properly, then it will be empowered to stop this bugger should he fired away at the stage...

Huh? Are these performers nocturnal animals? I think the guy is an inconsiderate, over-enthu parent, but you're being a bit paranoid here.

Yes agree on this. TS could have approached the guy & advise him nicely or have the organiser inform the audience over a microphone on the rules, if any. No point just getting upset, what purpose does it serve, other than just ranting here. The audience would have been informed beforehand if this was a professional performance in a theater.

Last edited:
Yes agree on this. TS could have approached the guy & advise him nicely or have the organiser inform the audience over a microphone on the rules, if any. No point just getting upset, what purpose does it serve, other than just ranting here. The audience would have been informed beforehand if this was a professional performance in a theater.

I meant that the performers will get blinded... It's not that bad on stage...

perhaps "blinded" may sound too serious. I can't describe the feeling, getting flashed and it leaves a black spot on your eyes for awhile.

perhaps "blinded" may sound too serious. I can't describe the feeling, getting flashed and it leaves a black spot on your eyes for awhile.

Irritated lor. :D

While I don't condone this photographer's actions, I just want to point out that your assertion is slightly flawed.

Stage lights are very bright as it is, and performers often don't even notice what the audience is doing, or whether flashes are being fired. So flashes disrupting the performers' attention is often exaggerated. Actually, the flashes are most distracting to the audience, because our environment is darker.

So either way, flash so still not be used... but not for the reason you stated.