[STOMP] Are these uncles true camera enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Are these uncles true camera enthusiasts or are they in reality voyeurs at work in public ?

This was the question that popped up in Stomper Brad Tan's mind when he was at Vivo City on Sunday.

He doubt they are serious camera enthusiasts but are more voyeurs, because he notices that the uncle brigade would invariably turn up at events at malls when there were comely women on parade, like fashion shows.

He saw this same brigade of very "chee hong" looking brigade of uncles snapping away with their cameras at the China girl dancers performing at the Spring Festival show at the shopping mall.

What struck him was the behaviour and demeanour of the uncles. They were like hungry sharks at feeding time. There was a certain desperation in the way they crowded the front of the stage (as close as they could get). There might as well be saliva dropping down from the mouths of those voyeuristic uncles.

When the beautiful and sexy dancing girls finished their dance act, they were replaced by another group of ordinary looking women performers playing the violin and Chinese musical instruments. The uncles immediately put down their cameras. These musicians were apparently not sexy enough for the uncles.

Brad is not condemning the uncles (to each his own), but he's rather amused at the rather unsavoury pastimes of Singapore's elderly. And maybe also saddened by it. Can't they do something less sleazy and more useful during the weekends?

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=51125

Last edited:
i bet this stomper will be the same like the uncles when he gets old...:bsmilie:

I am rather amused by this kaypoh. Musicians are stationary subjects. Of course photographers will just snap a few and wait. Dances are body motions and it is quite challenging to get a good capture on dance movements. Also, I think it is rather impolite to post that pic up in STOMP. If he wants to post, he can just post a shot from behind. A few of the photographers in the pic are fulltime photographers. Do not generalize people with just one pic if you don't know heads and tails.

He's from kay Poh Road. :bsmilie:

3116000158_ab12657ffe.jpg

I am rather amused by this kaypoh. Musicians are stationary subjects. Of course photographers will just snap a few and wait. Dances are body motions and it is quite challenging to get a good capture on dance movements. Also, I think it is rather impolite to post that pic up in STOMP. If he wants to post, he can just post a shot from behind. A few of the photographers in the pic are fulltime photographers. Do not generalize people with just one pic if you don't know heads and tails.

Untitled22.jpg

:bsmilie:

A few of the photographers in the pic are fulltime photographers. Do not generalize people with just one pic if you don't know heads and tails.

I agree with your post...except the quoted... so what if full time? I also observe they full time in most of these events as well. :D

Are these uncles true camera enthusiasts or are they in reality voyeurs at work in public ?

This was the question that popped up in Stomper Brad Tan's mind when he was at Vivo City on Sunday.

I think they are the last brigade of the true fading heartland artists.

Their pursuit and passion for the excellence in fashion show photography have kept many events alive.

Let them have their dreams.

Brad Tan has to participate in it himself to appreciate its value. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
If the dancing girls replaced with dancing guys, I wonder if the uncles will still shoot? :bsmilie:

Wasn't there something almost exactly like this posted a year ago?

I think some of them are from ClubSnap. :bsmilie:

Basically, the person who post this is wasting time. Who cares seriously?

I care! Because the uncles always blocked me looking at the chio bu :angry:

Take pic also salah... kena condemn... sigh... take pic of birds la... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

this is shocking. anyone of you captured here?
labelled perverts...LOL :bsmilie:
this online article.... which one is YOU? :eek:"

Last edited:
Useless noise of a useless portal. From journalistic point just rubbish. First all these judging terms about people (like "brigade of very "chee hong" looking brigade of uncles") and later the phrase "Brad is not condemning the uncles". Ridiculous. Trash bin.

Stomp! is for idiots.

Only stupid people post to/read Stomp!

Yes, I am aware it is a sweeping statement. But I personally believe it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.