Stolen posts and images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teL

Jul 8, 2003
Singapore
engloy.elcreations.net
Just realised that a site on the web has been replicating my photoblog posts and pictures without any acknowledgement/trackback link back to my original photoblog.

The site in question here is:
http://digitalphototechniques.info/

My pictures are on http://digitalphototechniques.info/page/10/

Think there are many other photoblog posts and pictures plagarised on the site as well.

I tried leaving a comment as well as sending an email to the supposed admin of the site to ask them to remove my work at once. Not too optimistic about getting a reply though.

I am wondering what else I should do to get the site removed.

Suggestions anyone?

I suggest that you get a huge amount of people to leave comments slamming that site for plagerising. To protect your photos from more stealing i suggest :

1) you post your photos at a low resolution in future so that whoever who steal your photos will not get it at a good quality.

2) place signatures on your photos.

I suggest that you get a huge amount of people to leave comments slamming that site for plagerising. To protect your photos from more stealing i suggest :

1) you post your photos at a low resolution in future so that whoever who steal your photos will not get it at a good quality.

2) place signatures on your photos.

the problem with #1 is that sooner or later all people will post low res. then all will suffer. :(

Not sure what is the objective of the site but look like it helps to advertise your blog or photos.

i think it should be fine since your name is still intact with the picture and so are the comments related to the pictures.

Not sure what is the objective of the site but look like it helps to advertise your blog or photos.

There is no link to my blog at all from the site or anything about who wrote those posts except for a generic "admin". I'm lucky that one of the posts somehow trackbacked to my blog admin software, informing me of the site's presence.

Anyway, the author of the site has replied and has taken off all the offending posts :thumbsup:. He claims that his site is an "autoblog" based on RSS feeds (sort of like the Clubsnap Front Page news on CS' main page). What he did not do (which CS did) was to include a link back to the original post/website.

Status
Not open for further replies.