stolen photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a damn shame to have people doing things like that... Anyone here wanna advice on how we can better safekeep our work from things like that happening?

Embed your ic. number as the digital watermark ID..

Chris Lim said:
its a damn shame to have people doing things like that... Anyone here wanna advice on how we can better safekeep our work from things like that happening?

Best way is not to show it on the internet or public forum inf soft copy where its easy to download/copy, then cannot steal at all.

Failing that, if you still want to do it, then watermark the online photos.

I think there are many other ways to protect your photos though. perhaps others could elaborate.

It's a digital watermark, embedded onto the image.. So unless they had software that could remove digital watermarks, don't think they can remove it.. I have the free version of Digimarc Watermarking for PS CS2, and I think the registered version allows password protection as well..

djork said:
what if they alter the image by using a PS filter on it? will the watermark still be there?

jeryltan said:
Embed your ic. number as the digital watermark ID..

Sure about that? Our eCitizen User ID is that and if it's broken into, anything can be done to your account on Government level, like CPF, Income Tax, and etc...

IC. no. is pretty safe.. I can probably come up with a random number and it'll be someone's IC no. right? :bsmilie: for example, I'm sure 7513452 is someone's ic number? :) I'm referring to numbers only, excluding the last alphabet..

whoswho said:
Sure about that? Our eCitizen User ID is that and if it's broken into, anything can be done to your account on Government level, like CPF, Income Tax, and etc...

Hexlord said:
How about keeping the original hi-res away from the Internet?

Yep, I agree with Hexlord. Keep the fotos as low as possible and keep the original hi-res away from the Internet.

jeryltan said:
IC. no. is pretty safe.. I can probably come up with a random number and it'll be someone's IC no. right? :bsmilie: for example, I'm sure 7513452 is someone's ic number? :) I'm referring to numbers only, excluding the last alphabet..

There's some specific algorithm used for generating IC nos. So, it might not be someone's IC number. And I believe, if some mathematician who knows reverse engineering will be able to figure out the alphabet too. (Extreme case)

But, it's better to be safe than sorry right? ;)

Chris Lim said:

I would like to see company like them to try it on me.:angry: I will sue their *ss off :bsmilie:

i would be pleased if some BIG company stole me images

1. that would mean that my images have standard
2. that would mean that I can sue them for some big bucks
3. that would also mean time to Buy Buy Buy!

:)

ortega said:
i would be pleased if some BIG company stole me images

1. that would mean that my images have standard
2. that would mean that I can sue them for some big bucks
3. that would also mean time to Buy Buy Buy!

:)

Sounds like if your film was pirated, that means your film is good. That was what happened to my friend and it seems like a hugh compliment to his work from the pirates. :bsmilie:

I always use my 2nd best lens to shoot the 2nd best photo to post in the net. And declare it public domain. I will be flattered if anyone wish to steal my photo. ;)

My best photo is always kept under my pillow. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

There is an algorithm to determining your IC no. The preceding numbers actually tell you what the last letter is supposed to be, though it's a many to one relationship after some mathematical calculations.

It's not really maggi/nespray that stun the photos. It's the designer/ad company that did that. But should just get sue nestle anyway. Don't really know if there will be lawyers there that will take up pro bono work.

shojibake said:
It's not really maggi/nespray that stun the photos. It's the designer/ad company that did that. But should just get sue nestle anyway. Don't really know if there will be lawyers there that will take up pro bono work.
Don't think the lawyers will think of it as probono...more like delayed payment...cause they should be able to get costs covered by the defendants as well...;)

shojibake said:
There is an algorithm to determining your IC no. The preceding numbers actually tell you what the last letter is supposed to be, though it's a many to one relationship after some mathematical calculations.

Are you from the east side of Singapore?

whoswho said:
There's some specific algorithm used for generating IC nos. So, it might not be someone's IC number. And I believe, if some mathematician who knows reverse engineering will be able to figure out the alphabet too. (Extreme case)

But, it's better to be safe than sorry right? ;)

Ya, the algorithm is called running number sequence :)

The ending alphabet is just a check 'digit'. It is generated by a simple algorithm of multiplication, addition and mod. Did this many many years ago in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.