Stolen angle and composure? "That was my idea!"

Just curious does anyone have something like this happened to you?
How do u feel about it?
Not being offensive or sarcastic. I just want an opinion for curiosity.

Can show the shot, and the date you shot?

I dig up proof that you are not the original, suspect you do not know where to look.

Just my simple thoughts.

Those who go and take photos of the Merlion mostly take from the angle that Singapore Tourism Board used, so they should rave and rant?
To me, when it's a public spot, there can be thousands of the photo from the same spot, angle and colours/lightings.

I have came across people have a near "photocopy" of photos which I also have.
No big deal..

That's my 2-cents thoughts.

It's different. TS include the rail on the right in the frame.

Just need to find out who also includes the rail in his/her image.

Most prob not a beginner after 6 months as well.

Based on TS description, it is indeed that photograph.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/critique-corner/988308-newbie-helix-bridge.html

This was posted in Oct 2011. Helix Bridge has been opened for a whole year since then, but TS has the foresight to have unique composition to break away from the pack of boring photos taken from Helix Bridge..

Date uploaded: Apr 2010 World’s First Double Helix Pedestrian Bridge Opens in Singapore | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Date uploaded: Apr 2010 marina bay sands : helix lights | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Date uploaded: May 2010 HDR Double helix bridge | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Date uploaded: Apr 2010 marina bay sands - double helix bridge - | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Try taking shots that are harder for others to imitate.

The rest didn't includes the railings on the right.

So TS is still uniquely creative. :bsmilie:
There are many ways to get unique shots.

At the end of the day, picture speaks for itself. Overshot, overpatronized, there are still ways to make something different. Shenton Way with lightning is going to be more special than Shenton Way at twilight.

What should we focus on? Making pictures that we like, or being oh so special, so unique, but not pleasing yourself at the end, because deep down inside, you have a unique shot and unique composition, but it doesn't work?

This is a unique concept, I call it Spider-Cat

Untitled-1.jpg

Just curious does anyone have something like this happened to you?
How do u feel about it?
Not being offensive or sarcastic. I just want an opinion for curiosity.

I have previously did a shot of MBS from the Heliux bridge. I have previous browse through a lot of thread and have never seen this shot from this angle before.

I have posted my picture up in the forum. I was still a beginner then.
About 1 mth later, I actually see pple posting up shots of the MBS at almost the same spot with the same composure.
First thought was that guy stole my ideas and angles. I was not exactly angry or something. It's just feel like people taking your ideas away. It's was like "that was my shot and my idea" kinda thinking.

Do you guys face such thing before?

How do you feel about it?
I just want to hear an opinion.

I would be very honoured for my works to be copied.

But so far no one is interested to do it. :)

Can someone put a "Kodak Photo Spot" sign where those shots are taken? I want to go down tomorrow and take one...:embrass:

FYI

TS photo link. Can see his wonderful lights Ideal inside. :)

wonderful lights: Gallery

Cheers and bye

Ok I went to TS's gallery and saw liao, and its a very common angle leh.

I also got similar one and shot way earlier than TS did, when they still doing construction work at the arts museum area - can see the cranes in my pic.

But I cannot say anyone copied me because there must be another few hundred or thousands of people before me with this same, boring composition.

Last edited:
@TS... you seriously have some ego issues... you perceived that you're the first to shoot there, where by after digging through and finding out others have the same/similar shots, you decide to start a thread asking others about people who imitate the works of others...

you sure have a hugeeeeeeeee ego

school holiday.

Must be.

This morning go work, roads unusually quiet in school zone. Then realized, AHH! MUST BE THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS! NO WONDER CLUBSNAP SO LIVELY!

Merry Christmas.

Go patent your composition and angle lor.

Must be.

This morning go work, roads unusually quiet in school zone. Then realized, AHH! MUST BE THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS! NO WONDER CLUBSNAP SO LIVELY!

Merry Christmas.

TS is studying at UniSIM... is it the hols for them too?

well found this online :wonderful lights: Gallery

and a special favorite quote that reads "Whatever u can do, I can do better.."

from TS

Hi timotimo...here's a quote for you..."Whatever I've done, I can do better".
If you think others are copying your works...let them. Have confidence in yourself to come out with better ideals...the copiers will always be a step behind you.
Keep on shooting!!
Cheers! :)

Last edited:
For a moment I thought ts might be referring to me cos I did a shot from there
I checked back luckily mine looked different and mine was in sept 2011

Last edited: