Stofen VS non-Stofen products

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooQy

Feb 12, 2009
SG
Why are ppl more willing to pay for a branded product over a non-branded?
Omni-bounce material different?

Sometimes the third-party fakes are super cheap material or don't fit properly.

Sometimes the third-party fakes are super cheap material or don't fit properly.

In the case of the Lembency, I found it's fit and reliability (at the time I got it anyways) vastly superior to the original from which it was copied. :bsmilie:

For the hard cap type diffusers, a lot depends on the molding; some would fit badly, and some might be ok. Best to try before purchase.

Yes, construction also a bit different. One of my friend used to buy a no-brand type and it keeps falling off due to loose fitting and it's more transparent. The results he got are also unflattering, so in the end changed to original.

Most times they work and fit just like the original.

At a fraction of e price, frm local estore where many have come b4...

BTw, i stretched one of those sml rubber loops from emart, those nsmen will know, ard my flash head,perfect rubber grip.

If own brand maker provide their own flash diffuser, that are the best.

Olympus FL50R provide diffuser with fit the best... haha well, it not 3rd party product.

If own brand maker provide their own flash diffuser, that are the best.

Olympus FL50R provide diffuser with fit the best... haha well, it not 3rd party product.

For Canon speedlites, they do not have these provided, neither do they manufacture them. So to me, Sto-Fen is original.

Material-wise, in terms of diffusion, my personal belief is that the other diffusers are very similar.
However, Sto-Fen is undoubtedly the one that will certainly give no problem when it comes to repeated re-capping onto my Speedlite. I need not worry about the fit, or the loosening of this fit. That is, in my opinion, the most important reason.

The materials used by the lesser rivals seem to be similar, but fit and finish is quite obviously different. I cannot comment on the quality of light or distribution of light as I've never tested the different omni-bounces before.

The materials used by the lesser rivals seem to be similar, but fit and finish is quite obviously different. I cannot comment on the quality of light or distribution of light as I've never tested the different omni-bounces before.

I find the Sto-Fen more robust than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.