Stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hey do you guys buy stocks?

Mostly for rich people not for those who earn less than $2k.
Attend a free stock seminar last week. Course fees $6500 no nets pay by credit card. Starting investment $2000. Total needed $8500.:eek: Mostly full-seated after hearing the money part all disappeared. :eek: I interested but no capital. :cry:

if you're wise enough.. it is better to invest your money SAFELY than to let it sit in your bank. Inflation will over take the interest earn from your account.. meaning you'll loose money every year as you leave it in the bank.

Of course, there's no such thing as 100% safe investments, so there's always a possibility of losing money.

yanyewkay said:
if you're wise enough.. it is better to invest your money SAFELY than to let it sit in your bank. Inflation will over take the interest earn from your account.. meaning you'll loose money every year as you leave it in the bank.

Of course, there's no such thing as 100% safe investments, so there's always a possibility of losing money.
Instead of putting my money in the bank , ( savings acc - less than 1 percent PA) , i would put it in a Fixed D. acc which earns up to 15 % PA provided i leave it there for a long time with no withdrawal...or buy Government bonds which has abt 6% return PA....

So no one buys stocks here?!

ornegu said:
:cool:
Hi, if hv some extra money,buy gold when it drop to us$625/t.oz
Why?:dunno:

there's a local funds forums at http://sgfunds.com/ covers everything from insurance to investments.. information overload for me anyway. Good thing is that it's a local forum, so the topics are also very local.

b'cos the gold will go up to est us$850/t.oz this year.:thumbsup:

:cool:
yanyewkay said:
:bigeyes:
sorry yanyewkay time will come for u to understand that. i've been trading that for years.......5 years back it was ~us$252/t.oz. Good Luck To EVERYONE!!!!Cheer...:lovegrin:

seanlim said:
Hey do you guys buy stocks?

you surprise me everytime the school holidays strike ... why the sudden interest in stocks? you want to strike it rich without completing your studies?

eikin said:
you surprise me everytime the school holidays strike ... why the sudden interest in stocks? you want to strike it rich without completing your studies?
nope..i have a great intrest in finacial stuff...and its always best to start young:D

seanlim said:
nope..i have a great intrest in finacial stuff...and its always best to start young:D

maybe you should hit the library for more knowledge, i don't find it very smart in the first place for you to start here :bsmilie:

seanlim said:
Hi seanlim, buy n keep this Singapore stock.....Goldtron. 2day price s$0.025:thumbsup
Good Luck!!!

China Fisheries seem good. :think:

The SGX index will drop to below 2200 mark or even 2100 mark.....careful when buying any stock......:bigeyes:

seanlim said:
Instead of putting my money in the bank , ( savings acc - less than 1 percent PA) , i would put it in a Fixed D. acc which earns up to 15 % PA provided i leave it there for a long time with no withdrawal...or buy Government bonds which has abt 6% return PA....

So no one buys stocks here?!
Fixed deposit interest 15% p.a??? You must have typed wrongly lah.. If its that high, I think those people with mortgage loans will die lor.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Made some money during those CLOB days where, during the bull run, virtually any CLOB stock you buy would make money. Everybody jumped into the bandwagon - housewives, old folks, small retail investors, men in the street, etc. Many ppl made money this way thru these highly speculative CLOB stocks. Well, when it took a nose dive, just as many ppl got themselves burnt. I, for one, am still hanging on to some My shares. Enough for me. Have not dabble in stocks since then. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.