Stocks for 35mm 1.8

AustinPower

Dec 10, 2007
Hi anyone know where can get 35mm 1.8 at local shops besides grey ones? Had been asking around some but all say no stocks. Thanks

Hi anyone know where can get 35mm 1.8 at local shops besides grey ones? Had been asking around some but all say no stocks. Thanks

Guess u are not looking hard enough.

I've seen stocks in SLS and Orchard.

Wait for a while if the reputable stores do not have them, alternatively, you can check the BnS

Just bought from Orient Photo. New stock came in yesterday.

If I remember correctly SLR revolution Has stock and is the most competitively priced.

Even so, we should recommend shops where he won't get cheated shouldn't we?

Actually if one has done his/her homework, can buy from everystore with ok price, with enough persistence. ;)

daredevil123 said:
Actually if one has done his/her homework, can buy from everystore with ok price, with enough persistence. ;)

Haha I'll admit that's a fair reasoning :bsmilie:

Just bought from orient, sim lim sq. Very nice color out with my d7000. In the morning, called to reserve and went to the shop in evening. Get new lens instead of buying used one . Just less than $350. Singapore local set.

Hi thanks all. Finally got it from one of the ulu store in SLS at $350 incl gst. Heard from the shop stocks just came in and very little also

In the US, the stocks are always out. And prices was raised from 199.95 USD up to $279 USD at B&H. Even amazon as well. Second hands are going for $250 USD which is still about SGD310.

Just ordered one yesterday from Best Buy at 199.95 USD ...waiting for the lovely little lens to complement my 50 and 85. Have to wait a week for delivery (any later orders would have to wait till end of the month or early next month for delivery.

Interestingly, one of the questions for the shortage of the lens is that of why the lens are in shortage since its made in China, not Sendai. My guess is that it is so cheap and good that every nikonian (not wanting to spend too much on the 1.4) will want one.

bought 1 from Maxphoto at centrepoint yesterday.

The courts opposite Somerset 313 also have stock, but selling at RRP.

Last edited:
I got my at OP last Sunday. Think stock should be available everywhere.

Stock Will Not Just Come In For Just One Store LOLz

Does this lens has AF motor? :)

Does this lens has AF motor? :)

Yes, as this lens is equipped with "Silent Wave Motor:thumbsup:(SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation"

Hope my above explanation helps...;)

Going to buy 1 but no stock yest. Pls inform me if u see it somewhere. Ty