Stock photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
I have vaguely heard about this. Not too sure what this is or how it works.

But after reading what KRW has got to say, it seems that it sucks. So, don't count on it to make any moolah from your photos.

Is this one of the reasons why folks would put all manner of watermarks on their pix to prevent leeching or from others selling their pix and fattening their wallets?

Well, this is not exactly part of the reason.

We try all kindsa 'desperate methods' to stop ppl from leeching our photos, declaring it as their own or even worse for those who do model shoots, get their stuff posted in some dubious sites where lechers and xiao didis lurk for a quick desperate ****.

The worse case scenario is perhaps a guy who posts full res pictures, get leeched, entered into a competition where the credit eventually lands to another medicore photographer instead of the true original owner who gets accused of leeching instead. Of cos, I dun think anyone's so dumb go and post full res photos.

smallaperture said:
But after reading what KRW has got to say, it seems that it sucks. So, don't count on it to make any moolah from your photos.

Why not? You're looking at someone who is making a living from my photos.

And don't ask me how I do it. It's a commercial secret called Hard Work. :sweatsm:

Sion said:
Why not? You're looking at someone who is making a living from my photos.

And don't ask me how I do it. It's a commercial secret called Hard Work. :sweatsm:

Ah-ha, good for u, Mr Sion, you make a living from photos or from Stock photos? :thumbsup:

Well, keep it as a classified info, don't tell people about it. :what: :)

jsbn said:
The worse case scenario is perhaps a guy who posts full res pictures, get leeched, entered into a competition where the credit eventually lands to another medicore photographer instead of the true original owner who gets accused of leeching instead. Of cos, I dun think anyone's so dumb go and post full res photos.

Actually, I prefer to post full res, low compression jpeg photos, becos it is so leycheh to downsize and upload to a hosting site etc. Anyone who wants my pix, I freely give - becos I shoot-shoot play-play for fun-fun la, no commmercial value leh. I often make CD full of my pix to give my photo friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.