Stock photo worthy?

anxilign

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
beautiful colors with architecture. a photo worthy to post for stock photos.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
taken at a my work place. Bright sunny day.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
vibrant, good combination of colors. Hope to get more tips.

I think this is well done. Would be nicer if there are a few kids kicking a football and that will complete the story. BTW, what are the settings? Can't believe the building is that clean.

Took this photo in the afternoon. Setting as follow: f/10, 1/640s, ISO-200. The building was maintained at this cleaniness (not newly painted). But, of cos i had also done PP to the image, consisting: levels, vibrant, and curves, and exposures.

I know it's not within your means, but it'll be great if the goalpost is not there.

for stock images, you will need a property release of this building.

on the contrary, they don't want over post processed images.

I see, there's corporate procedures to using images. So, i guess it's overly done on my part?

stock photography demands are slightly different from that of what most people would tell you here.

a photograph which isn't too strong compositionally might make the cut for stock, as long as it is clean, and sharp. a photograph which is strong compositionally, even win photo competitions might not. that's just how it is. so if you're thinking of entering stock, ask the stock photographers who are making a good income out of it.

there is no right or wrong for how much touching up is applied, however, they prefer the images to look authentic.

they may reject images has too much post processing.

Maybe you'll have a better chance if the distortion is corrected. I don't know.

i would correct the distortions.

by the way congrats on catchlights for turning mod!!!

there's someone sitting at the steps.

for such nice sunny weather, if you had shoot from different perspectives, that would be nice as well.

2nd pokiemon about the distortions.

frankly, limited use for STOCK.

Would a property company buy this for its building?
Would an environmentally friendly company buy it for its green grass and blue sky (goal post doesnt fit in).

Apart from that, its a nice picture with great colors.

Hope the comment helps.

is that the law school? i like the colours but i second the suggestion of distortion correction.

Nice looking, but not sure can be used for stock.
I removed the goal thingy :D
dsc0011id.jpg

IMO, PP is rather obvious for this pic. The stock image companies are good in identifying that. If i'm not wrong, less than 5% enhancement/ correction is fine.

frankly, limited use for STOCK.

Would a property company buy this for its building?
Would an environmentally friendly company buy it for its green grass and blue sky (goal post doesnt fit in).

Apart from that, its a nice picture with great colors.

Hope the comment helps.

It definiely helps. Now that i get the point of having the purpose in mind, I will have to think hard of who would buy that photo; think of the requirements of what a potential buyer will demand before i source for things to shoot.

Thanks!

It definiely helps. Now that i get the point of having the purpose in mind, I will have to think hard of who would buy that photo; think of the requirements of what a potential buyer will demand before i source for things to shoot.

Thanks!
the best way is go to the stock agencies site, check out the most popular images and top downloaded images, study them, you will know what buyers really looking for.

is that the law school? i like the colours but i second the suggestion of distortion correction.

Yes, that's the law school, are you from that school?

Nice looking, but not sure can be used for stock.
I removed the goal thingy :D

that's a great demo, thanx! Now i see it, i get it!

IMO, PP is rather obvious for this pic. The stock image companies are good in identifying that. If i'm not wrong, less than 5% enhancement/ correction is fine.

the best way is go to the stock agencies site, check out the most popular images and top downloaded images, study them, you will know what buyers really looking for.

Thanx for the tips on entering stock photos. Are you guys been doing with stock photography?