Stitching problems ... help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

got a problem here when stitching 6 photos of blue sky+mountains scenery.

wat happens is after merging, it's obvious there are blocks of different shades of blue at the merging joints. my conclusion is that the 6 photos are exposed different, thus the blue sky is of diff shades.

is there anyway i can do in photoshop like learn one shade of blue in one photo and then "paste" this shade settings to the rest.

thank you much. :)

no pic hard to determine the best method.
try curves or match colour, or level.

Is it definitely due to differences in exposure? Where you shooting with manual exposure and white balance settings?

The other possibility to consider is lens fall off or vignetting.

Got picture? Hee... Why recently so many questions on colour?
Maybe can play around with colour balance as well to tweak the individual images if it's due to difference in WB.

For digital, when you plan to stitch photos, you may want to use manual/preset white balance (or better RAW) instead of using auto WB so that the white balance is the same for every single shot of the stitch. This is of course on top of using the same exposure, and a fix and stable rotating point (i.e. tripod and center-of-lens tripod thread on camera to avoid difference in perspective for each shot).

you need to
- use M mode with 1 setting to capture all images
- ensure lens without vignetting and no polariser
- would be better to use a pano head

Flare said:
This is of course on top of using the same exposure, and a fix and stable rotating point (i.e. tripod and center-of-lens tripod thread on camera to avoid difference in perspective for each shot).

The rotation point of the camera & lens is at the nodal point.

ranger said:
Hi,

got a problem here when stitching 6 photos of blue sky+mountains scenery.

wat happens is after merging, it's obvious there are blocks of different shades of blue at the merging joints. my conclusion is that the 6 photos are exposed different, thus the blue sky is of diff shades.

is there anyway i can do in photoshop like learn one shade of blue in one photo and then "paste" this shade settings to the rest.

thank you much. :)

hi,
attached the photo i'm referring to. you can see different shades of blue sky.

any advise to be done on the photos to make the blue shades the same.

thanks ! :)

This works for me. Others might suggest differ methods/approach.

Don't stitch the pics together first.

Just open 2 pics (not to complicate by opening all the pics at one go) - eg. if you have PIC001 & PIC002 opened. If you want PIC001 color tonal to be like PIC002. Then make PIC001 active and in PSCS go to:

Image> Adjustments> Match Color> In the match color dialouge box go to Source drop down> select PIC002

You should have a satisfactory result. If not play with the image options: Luminance; Color Intensity; Fade

Hope this help.

There is a tool in photoshop called "patch" tool, which is usually hidden under the Healing Brush tool. It is very useful for this kind of situations.

Sometimes... proper combination of
"Match Colour Command"
"Patch Tool"
"Healing Brush Tool"
"Clone Tool"
"Dodge/Burn Tools"

will help you achieve in better Photomerged (or Panoramic) images as you required.

Cheers! and have fun Photomerging!
(p.s. becareful, your image 1# and 2# are not properly alinged.)

I think its best you head down to one of the libraries near your estate and get a photoshop CS book for reference. I think the Color Match tool is only available on photoshop CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.