Stinking smell in Peninsula Plaza??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jollin

Mar 31, 2008
anybody know what is that smell?!!!:sticktong it really stain/stink my clothing...i wonder how staff in cathay photo can endure it ....

Bro, you can't even smell it when you're in the Cathay passageway, not to mention the shops.

I find that the smell is only prevalent around the main atrium area. I can probably guess its source, but won't say it as it is a sensitive topic. What I will say is that you could perhaps observe the shops located along the main area, and deduce from there.

Bro, you can't even smell it when you're in the Cathay passageway, not to mention the shops.

I find that the smell is only prevalent around the main atrium area. I can probably guess its source, but won't say it as it is a sensitive topic. What I will say is that you could perhaps observe the shops located along the main area, and deduce from there.

hmmmm......

anybody know what is that smell?!!!:sticktong it really stain/stink my clothing...i wonder how staff in cathay photo can endure it ....

I think it's from those 'local' food products that our frens from Myanmar are selling. If you go to Golden Mile, can smell the same thing. Nothing too unbearable in my opinion.

Cathay you can't smell it, cause their air is filled with scent of new cameras and lenses :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

I think it's from those 'local' food products that our frens from Myanmar are selling. If you go to Golden Mile, can smell the same thing. Nothing too unbearable in my opinion.

Cathay you can't smell it, cause their air is filled with scent of new cameras and lenses :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Cannot smell it in Cathay, but when you walk in from the Taka Jewelery entrance towards Cathay, FWAH!

I think it is the smell of the young bamboo shoots, I remember when my mum cooks this young bamboo shoots from a can, the water has this smell......it maybe that they use the water instead of throwing it away.

Some people may also not like the South East asian way of cooking with 'belachan' aka trassi or prawn paste........but I (used to) love it! :bsmilie:

HS

Or it could just be that the person in front of you just let a big Fart???? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

HS

Cannot smell it in Cathay, but when you walk in from the Taka Jewelery entrance towards Cathay, FWAH!

Take straws from fast food joint, stick in nostrils with silicon seal. Walk by, gaffer mouth, tilt head back for maximum air-flow and inhale sharply.

SUPER HIGH! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

whats there to complain about. Everyone smell one way or the other. But do those ppl who think you smell complain to u that u are smelly? if cant tahan, then use N95 mask lah.

whats there to complain about. Everyone smell one way or the other. But do those ppl who think you smell complain to u that u are smelly? if cant tahan, then use N95 mask lah.

Have you actually been there? It's quite different to say "don't complain" until you walk in. Hits you like a brick wall.

its a combination of body odour and food scent. i am pretty curious what makes up the smell and tried to find out on a few occasions but never able to pin point the exact source before.

i feel that the smell is only during weekends where there are a lot of foreigner. I remember I went there during the weekdays, it smells like normal :p

The smell sux ? No worries. Go to that second hand rolex shop chit chat with those sales girls.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

its a combination of body odour and food scent. i am pretty curious what makes up the smell and tried to find out on a few occasions but never able to pin point the exact source before.

mainly food.

if u like fermented tofu, u will like it ;)

the food stall along the 2nd or 3rd level iirc.

Have you actually been there? It's quite different to say "don't complain" until you walk in. Hits you like a brick wall.

a huge 'invisible' wall!!! :bsmilie:

It is food / ingredients of Indochinese origin. You should be used to it if you visit Thailand / Myanmar often. Go to their markets / food stalls in the areas outside urbanised main cities/shopping centres. I think be tolerant. The remarks may be misunderstood to be racial or offensive to other neighbouring countries.

You can also go to Golden Mile Complex to sample the same, so it is nothing new.

mainly food.

if u like fermented tofu, u will like it ;)

the food stall along the 2nd or 3rd level iirc.

totally different fr HK fermented tofu, te HK version 100% smell more delicious! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.