still spending on cameras, shoots in economic slowdown?

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
news everywhere about economic slowdown, how is everyone adjusting to their spending on photography hobby ? :think:

Used photography gear is a saturated market currently experiencing depressed prices. Now is the time to pick up that Titan or M9 you always wanted.

The brand new models are as $$ as they ever were of course... :)

news everywhere about economic slowdown, how is everyone adjusting to their spending on photography hobby ? :think:

Bad times now. Have to fish for food and chop firewood for fuel.

No money for camera and have to DIY one:

591801825728925242KY5s3Rhc.jpg

Last edited:
Our economy is build on consumerism largely. Money has to move around, so if everyone is tightening their belt, the recovery of our economy will take even longer.

anyway, if ones choose not to spend on photography hobby,
instead of buying new models cameras, just go to camera showrooms, Courts or Best Denki to have a feel of the new cameras in your hands. Cost you noting.
instead of hanging out with photo kakis at Starbucks, can hang out here in Kopitiam. Cost you noting.
instead of go out to shoot paid models, can try ask some foreign talents who congregate at Botanic Garden every Sunday to pose for you. Cost you noting.

I will not be buying any new gear or toys, new or pre owned doesn't matter, no buying, no looking, whatever new products, sorry, can't support.

When you have no money, you have no mood at all.

Time and effort will be spent on building health and well being for the moment, and for photos will be concentrating on making photos look expensive with cheap old gear rather than making photos look cheap with expensive new gear.

Reactions: Nikonzen
I think most of us here finally realise that new toys wont improve our photography skill :)

Wait I got a d5 n will be stop every where by local security guard as they assuming I work for someone. Better save those $ n go over to take photos. Ha ha!

But it is very important for boosting our egos. :)

I saw ads advertising for freelancers. You must have full-frame DSLR, L lenses and also must state in the application a list of equipments you own. But they ask nothing about skills, experience and portfolio. :)

Last edited:
I saw ads advertising for freelancers. You must have full-frame DSLR, L lenses and also must state in the application a list of equipments you own. But they ask nothing about skills, experience and portfolio. :)
like that hor, means Nikon and others are not up to standard liao.

no wonder got so many people buy 5DMK3 as their first camera....

No more lens in forseeable future. Too many lens, too little time to use.
Body-wise only interested in 6D Mk2, if it ever comes out this year. Probably next.
Accessories, maybe a monopod, radian & pulse for timelapse/hyperlapse use.
Seriously looking at getting a new PC though. Current one coming to 5 or 6 years, getting painful to process timelapse photos.

So overall, not that much to budget for this year. At most equal to that of a single good lens.

On other hand, looking at buying a resale HDB tho... :sweat: