Still so FAT!

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Even I stand at 1.85m, my weight increased due to shift work. After meals, I either sits down for hours for works or sleep for/after work.

I now try to cut down on dinner, no more rice at dinner if possible esp at home. I went for a brisk walk just now, better than slow jog as I do walk more.

Now target to reduce 5kg by end of this year. Next year increase work out, another 10kg by june, 20~25kg by dec 2013.

By that time, i will dig out this post (hopes still available) and see whether I met the target or not.

85kg is my target, after which, let me decide to down some more or not. (used to be 70kg during BMT, 78kg during unit time :eek::(:bheart: )

BBTM said:
Even I stand at 1.85m, my weight increased due to shift work. After meals, I either sits down for hours for works or sleep for/after work.

I now try to cut down on dinner, no more rice at dinner if possible esp at home. I went for a brisk walk just now, better than slow jog as I do walk more.

Now target to reduce 5kg by end of this year. Next year increase work out, another 10kg by june, 20~25kg by dec 2013.

By that time, i will dig out this post (hopes still available) and see whether I met the target or not.

85kg is my target, after which, let me decide to down some more or not. (used to be 70kg during BMT, 78kg during unit time :eek::(:bheart: )

Reduced on sweet drinks too. :)

BBTM said:

Good to motivate yourself. :)
Me aint small either, staying away from supper o used to have almost every 2-3times per week.

Keeping balanced meals and of coz reduce those soft/sweet drinks.
:)

Maybe McDonalds supersize.

Last edited:
go cycling brother.

I used to but give up. From west to telok blangah n back, whenever I can during sunday. Cycle up the slope, starting hard, then easy liao, haha! Nvm, I will brisk walk 4km each time, faster than jogging and less stress on my knees.

1.85 height can have more weight, you not fat.

I lost weight after alternating fish soup & yong tau hu with rice for every work lunch..

Also go cold turkey No supper & soft drinks..

Very soon even without exercising I started losing weight.

Diet & exercise, no secret formula..:)

Take at least 160-180g of protein a day and less than 100g of carbs. Also, if you cook at home, use macadamia oil

Like one of the bro above.....I drop 5kg from 80 to 75 in 2 mth.....by just eating slice fish soup, fish ball with noodle or rice for lunch and dinner.....no deep fried or oily stuffs.....but mentally drained because I was so craving for fried bee boon and fast food.....at the end now back to around 78 :)

post picture ! mosaic out your face if you dont want to be identified

then december post another image of yourself

if lose enough weight drastically, can sell the photos to Marie France

I lost 10 kg in 5 months (from 77 to 67) on Hospital Dietician's advice. I'm 1.64m height.
Breakfast: 1-2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter (moderate) - No fried stuff like noodles or beehoon;
black coffee with no sugar and milk (if you have to drink coffee each morning)
Lunch: Normal minced pork noodle ($3.50 serving), add vinegar but nothing extra
1 slice of pineapple - No soft drinks, just plain water, lots of it
If you must take rice and dishes: reduce half of what you in-take of carbohydrates in rice, go for steam dishes; strictly reduce meat in-take and more vegetables. Note: No heavy stuff with gravies.
Dinner: Take salad only. Mixture of small cucumbers, carrots, baby tomatoes, lecttuces, nuts, raisins and other vegetables
USE VINEGAR (Australian or Italian kind for salad) and OLIVE OIL to mix them well
Note: Strictly no thousand islands or any form of salad cream stuff.
1 slice of fruit
No supper; No afternoon snacks; No Tibits; No ice-cream; No chocolates; No cakes etc.
Exercise: At least 20-30 mins per day every day; others: stretching exercises, yoga, brisk walking, swimming etc.

At first i thought its very tough, I manage to overcome initial uneasiness with wife's support. Sleep and rest well. This dietary plan works on me. For you, its better to see a referred dietician to see what works best for you. Good Luck and Perservance pays off but dont over-do, that's my experience and advice. I am still on it till today.

I lost 10 kg in 5 months (from 77 to 67) on Hospital Dietician's advice. I'm 1.64m height.
Breakfast: 1-2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter (moderate) - No fried stuff like noodles or beehoon;
black coffee with no sugar and milk (if you have to drink coffee each morning)
Lunch: Normal minced pork noodle ($3.50 serving), add vinegar but nothing extra
1 slice of pineapple - No soft drinks, just plain water, lots of it
If you must take rice and dishes: reduce half of what you in-take of carbohydrates in rice, go for steam dishes; strictly reduce meat in-take and more vegetables. Note: No heavy stuff with gravies.
Dinner: Take salad only. Mixture of small cucumbers, carrots, baby tomatoes, lecttuces, nuts, raisins and other vegetables
USE VINEGAR (Australian or Italian kind for salad) and OLIVE OIL to mix them well
Note: Strictly no thousand islands or any form of salad cream stuff.
1 slice of fruit
No supper; No afternoon snacks; No Tibits; No ice-cream; No chocolates; No cakes etc.
Exercise: At least 20-30 mins per day every day; others: stretching exercises, yoga, brisk walking, swimming etc.

At first i thought its very tough, I manage to overcome initial uneasiness with wife's support. Sleep and rest well. This dietary plan works on me. For you, its better to see a referred dietician to see what works best for you. Good Luck and Perservance pays off but dont over-do, that's my experience and advice. I am still on it till today.

I salute your perserverance...