Still in a dilemma..

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejal

Deregistered
May 4, 2005
End of the Line
Ahh well...
another 'Which lens should I choose?' dilemma.
i have this Tammy 17-50. but i feel its not sharp enuff to me..
so eyeing on this Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED or Nikon 50mm f1.8D or 16-85 or Sigma 30mm f1.4. Dang! i love the Sigma man! should i sell my tammy and get the Sigma instead?
bang for bucks wld be the Nikon 50mm f1.8D of course..

or the 18-200 VR? damn! i can't make up my mind! this BBB is killing me softly!! urghhhh!!!!!

for paid assignments i normally would rent the nikon 17-55 f2.8 :bsmilie:

damn.. i should have start another post. cuz i'll be logging in this thread every 30mins!!! :bheart:

ok ok...back to topic. no OT... ot-ers will be :hung:

but i love to OT too..dang! ok ok....help me pls... is there a cure to this BBB?

I just wonder how "not sharp" is your Tamron 17-50? Any pic to share?

TS - tamron 17-50mm not all copy is sharp, some have a little front or back focus. checked yours?
:think:

where can i have it checked? (besides sending it bacl t:think:eek: the agt for service)

Leica M7 and a 'cron

I believe the lastest is Leica M8.2..... selling $9800 for body only, the 28mm f2.8 Elmarit M lens is around $2950..... just saw it on this month's issue of HWM. And its a 'Rangefinders' type camera btw...... :bsmilie:

I just wonder how "not sharp" is your Tamron 17-50? Any pic to share?

Agree..... could TS pls show us some of your 'Not Sharp' photos...... or could the Not Sharp be cause by you using f2.8 ?? :think:

where can i have it checked? (besides sending it bacl t:think:eek: the agt for service)

Check for yourself, google for 'Focus Test Charts'. READ the instructions properly to get reliable results.

Ahh well...
so eyeing on this Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED or Nikon 50mm f1.8D or 16-85 or Sigma 30mm f1.4. Dang! i love the Sigma man! should i sell my tammy and get the Sigma instead?
bang for bucks wld be the Nikon 50mm f1.8D of course..

or the 18-200 VR? damn! i can't make up my mind! this BBB is killing me softly!! urghhhh!!!!!

for paid assignments i normally would rent the nikon 17-55 f2.8 :bsmilie:

damn.. i should have start another post. cuz i'll be logging in this thread every 30mins!!! :bheart:

ok ok...back to topic. no OT... ot-ers will be :hung:

but i love to OT too..dang! ok ok....help me pls... is there a cure to this BBB?

Buy everything, test all out. Keep the sharpest.

Seriously, you are comparing the 17-50 to primes and zooms, some of different ranges. How to compare?

Tammy 17-50.
Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED
Nikon 50mm f1.8D
Nikon 16-85
Sigma 30mm f1.4.
Nikon 18-200 VR ..

They sound a little different .. you have any idea what you are looking for already ?

Or u r just itching to buy more :bsmilie:

Ryan

Last edited:
Ahh well...

WHat exactly is sharp to you man?

Hi eejal do show us an example of how come it is not sharp, including the settings used. Pixel peeping hard, i think my shots straight out without sharpening are not razor katana sharp too

Ryan

Every lens has a sweet spot ... find yours & you'll be rewarded :)

I'm having the similar dilemma, shd i get a sb-800 or 18-200 1st...? :confused:

Hi all,
thanks for all your replies.
will do some shots on sharpness tests later tonight at different f stops.
hopefully can clear my doubts..

Hi all,
thanks for all your replies.
will do some shots on sharpness tests later tonight at different f stops.
hopefully can clear my doubts..

If you're good enough to get paid shoots, why would you need to post in a newbies section?

If you're good enough to get paid shoots, why would you need to post in a newbies section?

You will soon realize that "paid shoot" does not equal "good photographer". Just like "paid model" does not equal "good model"

Status
Not open for further replies.