Sticky tape for DSLR.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.V

Mar 7, 2006
^.^
Hi to all :)

I saw my friend's DSLR wrapped with black sticky tape and i'm wondering if there's a pink colour one as i'm planning to buy a dslr soon..

Need help ! Who knows where to find these sticky tapes ?:cry:

look for the cser by the nick of 'canturn'

kelccm said:
You sure you want it in pink??

*nods head* :bsmilie:

seriously u'll look stupid and probably rip the tape off after ur 1st public appearance. they're called gaffer tapes. GriGri offers gaffering ur camera at a fee, he provides the tape. not sure if he has pink though

http://www.internetapollo.com/products/productlinememberview.aspx?pl_id=17

This is where caturn gets his tapes from (excellent stuff - 50m of this stuff lasts FOREVER). They have it in neon pink. Maybe you can PM him and ask if he can get a roll for you on his next MO.

I don't see anything wrong with you wanting it in pink. One thing you've got to consider is that pink gets dirty very easily and it very obvious when dirty, so you've got to re-gaffer certain parts quite frequently (but hey! You've got 50m of that stuff...)

Hi,
Just for interest sake.
I read where an executive of a company in America, decided to make a change to the look of an entire department.

He had the fluro's (white) replaced with pink ones.

Soon after, there were various staff unrests... such as agravation between staff and many quitting.

After looking into the problem, they found that pink (as a colour) can cause unrest.

They changed back to white and the problems went away.

Just my thought here.

:)

mephesto said:
http://www.internetapollo.com/products/productlinememberview.aspx?pl_id=17

This is where caturn gets his tapes from (excellent stuff - 50m of this stuff lasts FOREVER). They have it in neon pink. Maybe you can PM him and ask if he can get a roll for you on his next MO.

I don't see anything wrong with you wanting it in pink. One thing you've got to consider is that pink gets dirty very easily and it very obvious when dirty, so you've got to re-gaffer certain parts quite frequently (but hey! You've got 50m of that stuff...)

Great ! thanks for the infomation ;)

Do post up pics of yr cam after u gaffered it pink! Sure like to see.

Okay i think i might sound stupid ... but what is this tape used for anyway ?

Kleinp said:
Okay i think i might sound stupid ... but what is this tape used for anyway ?

Eh... simple protection. Look at it as electrical tape for electrical products.

Gaffer tape does not leave residue though, so it is highly favoured to protect certain parts of equipment which may be scratched or injured.

so got pink or not?:think:
I oso want!!! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Was wondering, is there any SHOPs that sell such tapes?

i know there are CSers selling such tapes, but prefer to get down to shops to get it actually. anyone knows?

Gaffer tape is just fabric-backed low tack tape (also known as cloth tape).

You can try the 3M Cloth Tape at Home-Fix stores. About $6~$7 per roll and comes in various colours.

They can be removed pretty cleanly as well.

Alternatively, try stores selling art materials (Bras Basah has loads of them). Ask for low tack tape or frisket paper used for masking while painting / airbrushing. But I suppose they are too thin and may come off too easily, but it's worth a look-see if you have the time.

Gaffer tape is just fabric-backed low tack tape (also known as cloth tape).

You can try the 3M Cloth Tape at Home-Fix stores. About $6~$7 per roll and comes in various colours.

They can be removed pretty cleanly as well.

Alternatively, try stores selling art materials (Bras Basah has loads of them). Ask for low tack tape or frisket paper used for masking while painting / airbrushing. But I suppose they are too thin and may come off too easily, but it's worth a look-see if you have the time.

cool info. thanks! :D

Someone wants to add a battery grip to make the cam look pro.:cool: [paper tiger]

Someone wants to buy a lens that looks big to impress his future mother-in-law.:bigeyes: [phallic symbol]

Someone wants to gaffer her gear pink to make it look cute. I oso want. :kiss: [my new toy]

Someone gaffered his gear in camo pattern so that people cannot see his gear ! ! ! [spy glass]

Status
Not open for further replies.