Sticking photos to albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
Yesterday I went to a shop at Bras Basah and they recommended me a 3M Super 77 spray can for use as adhesive for my photos.

Went ahead and bought it because the label did see it sticks plastic/papers/etc... but before I use it on my photos on nice albums (from Keepers) anyone has used it before? can offer advice if I shouldn't because it smudges or spoils the photo, or the album or something?

TIA

../azul123

why not use double side tape? less messy...:)

there's a type of roll-on tape specially for sticking photo. It is acid-free, ie, would edge into the photo as time pass. Most of the adhesive are acidic nature. The tape is sold in The Print shop in Center Point & City Link mall.

there's a type of roll-on tape specially for sticking photo. It is acid-free, ie, would edge into the photo as time pass. Most of the adhesive are acidic nature. The tape is sold in The Print shop in Center Point & City Link mall.

I saw ppl using before, very convenient :thumbsup: . But 1 roll $15++ its exp.. I rather use double side type.. .. ;p

hi zul,

i can't comment on the 3m spray, but i usually use photo corners (like rectangular pieces of double-sided tape) which i get from scrapbooking shops... acid-free.

so far so goo, but also not sure what it would look like 10, 20, 50 years down the road?!?!! :)

jeffreyk said:
why not use double side tape? less messy...:)
Actually, I went into the shop asking for good double sided tape that they could recommend and this is what they said is better, me not knowing any better.. so bought it.

../azul123

fungoer said:
Thanks for info, I will using the 3M Spray on some old photos and see if they are passable, if not I will search out this roll-on tape.

../azul123

Cactus jACK said:
hi zul,

i can't comment on the 3m spray, but i usually use photo corners (like rectangular pieces of double-sided tape) which i get from scrapbooking shops... acid-free.

so far so goo, but also not sure what it would look like 10, 20, 50 years down the road?!?!! :)
Hi Jack,
I got the photo corners when I bought the Keepers album but I think it looks nicer without the corners. May have to experiment it and if it is not good try the roll-on tape ones.

../azul123

Double-sided tape for me - cheap and strong. The roll-on glue is excellent but just too expensive for me.

Hi Jack,
I got the photo corners when I bought the Keepers album but I think it looks nicer without the corners. May have to experiment it and if it is not good try the roll-on tape ones.

../azul123
sorry zul, i don't think that they are actually called photo corners... i know the ones you are referring to... i use the double-sided type tape - they are dispensed from a box (like the old ring-folder paper protectors), and cut in little 1.5cm x 1cm tabs... will revert this evening with the name of the product.

Cactus jACK said:
sorry zul, i don't think that they are actually called photo corners... i know the ones you are referring to... i use the double-sided type tape - they are dispensed from a box (like the old ring-folder paper protectors), and cut in little 1.5cm x 1cm tabs... will revert this evening with the name of the product.
The ones I had was actually called photo corners product by Nakabayashi Co. Ltd, they are also dispensed from a 2"x2" box just like those used to protect ring folder holes.

Anyway, back on the spray adhesives... I've cut out a template out of old cardboard sized to fit my photos so that I can slot the photo when I have sprayed adhesive onto them. This way all my photos will be at the same position on every page. A friend called me just 2 hours ago and gave me tip to do the spraying outdoors and lay a fresh new layer of paper after every spray, I think it's a good tip.

../azul123

they are called "photo stickers" by herma. description - "self-adhesive double-sided stickers for the permanent mounting of photos, receipts, cuttings..."

hope this helps.

Cactus jACK said:
they are called "photo stickers" by herma. description - "self-adhesive double-sided stickers for the permanent mounting of photos, receipts, cuttings..."

hope this helps.
Thanks Jack, I think double-sided stickers would be the easiest, the spray adhesives means I have to do it out-doors cause it is quite toxic if inhaled.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.