Stewardess sues CEO's wife for slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repoter: Mr SIA, why did you not press charges against Mr CEO's wife ?

Mr SIA: First we have to be very sure that the incident took place. We need to have witness, another passanger if possible. This is necessary to protect the airline, if not we can be counter sued by Mr & Mrs CEO. Do you know how much they can claim base on their standing? Also, we don't want to risk lossing their and their rich friend's business both on a personnal and also on a business basis. That would have mean a big loss of business for us.

Reporter: But isn't that a case of different rules for different people?

Mr SIA: Well you already said it yourself, different people. Different people have different friends, different people have different business contact, different people can hire different lawyers.

Reporter: So you admit that you have different rules for different people?

Mr SIA: No, no, no, I didn't say that !!! We have only one rule for everyone, but because they are different people, we have to be very careful how we apply it to them.

Reporter: But if it was just any other passanger in Econ class, you would have him/her arrested at Tokyo, would you not?

Mr SIA: Sure !!! We at SIA have to protect our staff !!! If it turn out to be wrong, don't worry, I have lawyers sitting in their office waiting to handle this kind of case for us, sure win one!!!

Reporter: And yet in this case.......

Mr SIA: Come on lar, you think I'm stupid isit? Mr & Mrs CEO also got lawyer and his lawyer is the boss of my lawyer, so must be 101% sure first, even than must try to cover for them mah.

RING!!! RING!!!

Mr SIA taking out his h/p: Hello ........ hello Mr CEO, yes, of course I remember your golf game with my boss. Don't worry, I'll carry your golf clubs myself. No no no, it'll be my pleasure to do it, don't worry. I'll be there in 5 mins. Good bye and please give my regards to Mrs CEO. Bye.

Mr SIA to reporter: Sorry but I have a urgent business matter to attend to. Email me, I'll get my PA to reply to you

:sweatsm::sweatsm::sweatsm:

Mr SIA: First we have to be very sure that the incident took place. We need to have witness, another passanger if possible. This is necessary to protect the airline, if not we can be counter sued by Mr & Mrs CEO. Do you know how much they can claim base on their standing? Also, we don't want to risk lossing their and their rich friend's business both on a personnal and also on a business basis. That would have mean a big loss of business for us.

Mr SIA: Well you already said it yourself, different people. Different people have different friends, different people have different business contact, different people can hire different lawyers.

Mr SIA: No, no, no, I didn't say that !!! We have only one rule for everyone, but because they are different people, we have to be very careful how we apply it to them.

Reporter: But if it was just any other passanger in Econ class, you would have him/her arrested at Tokyo, would you not?

Mr SIA: Sure !!! We at SIA have to protect our staff !!! If it turn out to be wrong, don't worry, I have lawyers sitting in their office waiting to handle this kind of case for us, sure win one!!!

Mr SIA: Come on lar, you think I'm stupid isit? Mr & Mrs CEO also got lawyer and his lawyer is the boss of my lawyer, so must be 101% sure first, even than must try to cover for them mah.

RING!!! RING!!!

Mr SIA taking out his h/p: Hello ........ hello Mr CEO, yes, of course I remember your golf game with my boss. Don't worry, I'll carry your golf clubs myself. No no no, it'll be my pleasure to do it, don't worry. I'll be there in 5 mins. Good bye and please give my regards to Mrs CEO. Bye.

Mr SIA to reporter: Sorry but I have a urgent business matter to attend to. Email me, I'll get my PA to reply to you

This incident not only showed the "class" of Mrs. Wong, but also the "character and principles" of SIA as a company. Where's that corporate values statement again?

This incident not only showed the "class" of Mrs. Wong, but also the "character and principles" of SIA as a company. Where's that corporate values statement again?

Corporate statement?
I wonder.

Aiyo, you get what you pay for mah.

Econ class = smile
Business class = chat
First class = constant attention

:bsmilie:

the one serving the first class are green colors woh ! seasoned thru the years of flying

the one serving the first class are green colors woh ! seasoned thru the years of flying

That is a wrong statement. Those who serve first class are generally the chief stewardess who usually wear red, and the chief steward who wears grey. The only exception to this rule is when there are not enough chief stewards and stewardess on board.

That is a wrong statement. Those who serve first class are generally the chief stewardess who usually wear red, and the chief steward who wears grey. The only exception to this rule is when there are not enough chief stewards and stewardess on board.

Or maybe the one in green is younger and more pretty than the one in red? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

maybe, she is a little dragon lady.

as the incident involved one of SIA's cabin crew who was on flight duty at the time, i would have expected SIA to investigate the matter internally to find out if the stewardess had misbehaved towards the passenger. if she had, then SIA should censure her. if the passenger was in the wrong, then SIA should take the aggressive passenger to task for violent conduct.

we have all read about some bus drivers who, in performing their duty, were slapped/abused by aggressive passengers, and AFAIK the aggressive/violent passengers were apprehended, and the bus company pressed charges on behalf of the bus driver.

well, will not be surprised if they come to an out of court settlement..... stay tuned.:sweatsm: if I didn't read wrongly, the name of the gal slapped reads like a xiao long nui, sigh...... not another PRC, in the news for all the wrong reasons. :nono:

from the report, it seems that the oc didnt like having the hubby chatted up by the stewardess(probably a jude :bigeyes:) and thus the conflict, aiyo why wash dirty linen in public ?? make the hubby kneel on durian husk lah behind closed doors :bsmilie:.

we have all read about some bus drivers who, in performing their duty, were slapped/abused by aggressive passengers, and AFAIK the aggressive/violent passengers were apprehended, and the bus company pressed charges on behalf of the bus driver.

Well definitely. What's the chance of a bus captain being punched by some Rich & Famous on the bus?

till now, i have not come across statement allegedly issued by sia that this incident is 'a personal matter'. can anyone direct me to it? thanks.

till now, i have not come across statement allegedly issued by sia that this incident is 'a personal matter'. can anyone direct me to it? thanks.
Perhaps because it was the stewardess that sued the lady, and not SIA......

HS

I wonder why the Venture CEO dont just pay the stewardess the damage claim $ and avoid the negative publicity, instead now the Singapore public are knowing what happened between the boss, wife, stewardess.

RING!!! RING!!!

There's chinese saying that goes: "Hitting A Dog Also Must See Who Is Its Master"

Just saw how the "classy" Mdm Wong looks like in the Sunday Times. Let's just say I would be surprised if she didn't act the way she did. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.