Steve Jobs very sick ?

zero o

Aug 8, 2007
www.flickr.com
This is indeed bad news if it were true

http://www.digitalone.com.sg/news/article/14765

253c06b87c3e51e6e75919e0fab2b44b.jpg

I just wish the press leave the sick man alone.

No need to add oil into fire.

Yes .. It's bad when private lives are intruded upon. But paparazzi photogs make money by capturing such photos . payroll photogs are also expected to capture such newsworthy pics. Tabloids sell when they have something sensational on the front pages.

Once he's gone, watch Apple crumble.

Apple crumble... Yum, now I'm hungry

Ever heard of Ever-Lasting Apple?

u...just... made me hungry too.

but you gotta admire this guy, who single-handedly turned apple around.

He almost drove it into the ground first. ;)

Thank Microsoft for bailing out Apple...

It's ok rashkae .. Found it

"​It was August 6, 1997, Microsoft was being sued by the federal government, and Apple was struggling. No one had even heard of an iPod. Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced to the company's shareholders that Microsoft was buying $150 million in non-voting shares of Apple stock, and guaranteeing to support Office for the Mac for five years. In exchange, Apple agreed to drop a lawsuit against Microsoft and to make Internet Explorer the default browser on Mac OS. (This gave Explorer a leg up on its main competitor--Netscape Navigator. How's that for a blast from the past?)"

he did that by leaving apple first didn't he

I don't know the details, but he was pushed out by someone he hired to help run the company. Started NeXT, Pixar before making his triumphant return with the iMac.

Really ? What's the story ? If u don't mind sharing. Saves me the trouble of googling :/)

Quick recap... Apple was suffering when the IBM PC's came out because Apple inisted on proprietary connections, accessories, etc. Steve Jobs was kicked out and the company barely held on thanks to some support from the educational market. Microsoft realized that Apple is a good innovation company (and therefore would keep MS on it's toes) and injected Apple with a huge wad of cash for the "rights" to develop Office applications on the Mac OS. It was pure charity really - MS did not need to do this.

Then Steve Jobs came back with a whole new mindset, but you can see Apple's insistence on propietary technology continuing in the iPod/iPad/iPhone lines.

It's ok rashkae .. Found it

"​It was August 6, 1997, Microsoft was being sued by the federal government, and Apple was struggling. No one had even heard of an iPod. Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced to the company's shareholders that Microsoft was buying $150 million in non-voting shares of Apple stock, and guaranteeing to support Office for the Mac for five years. In exchange, Apple agreed to drop a lawsuit against Microsoft and to make Internet Explorer the default browser on Mac OS. (This gave Explorer a leg up on its main competitor--Netscape Navigator. How's that for a blast from the past?)"

Yup, that's the official line. Unofficially Apple was almost dead and an internal decision was made in MS to keep Apple alive so that there would be a push for it's own developers.

Quick recap... Apple was suffering when the IBM PC's came out because Apple inisted on proprietary connections, accessories, etc. Steve Jobs was kicked out and the company barely held on thanks to some support from the educational market. Microsoft realized that Apple is a good innovation company (and therefore would keep MS on it's toes) and injected Apple with a huge wad of cash for the "rights" to develop Office applications on the Mac OS. It was pure charity really - MS did not need to do this.

Then Steve Jobs came back with a whole new mindset, but you can see Apple's insistence on propietary technology continuing in the iPod/iPad/iPhone lines.

I always thought MS pumping money into Apple was to get the US Justice dept off their backs on the whole monopoly case.

I now remember who kicked him out in the 1st place: John Sculley whom he poached from Pepsi, by famously asking him: do you want to continue selling sugar-ed water, or do you want to help change the world?

I now remember who kicked him out in the 1st place: John Sculley whom he poached from Pepsi, by famously asking him: do you want to continue selling sugar-ed water, or do you want to help change the world?

Sculley gave an interview which held interesting insight into Steve Jobs

http://www.osnews.com/story/23902/John_Sculley_Steve_Jobs_Wanted_to_Be_Sony/

"Is it an indication of Steve Jobs' (in)famous strive for perfection, or just stupid bone-headedness? The white variant of the iPhone 4 was first delayed for a few weeks, but those few weeks became 'end of the year'. Now we know why: the manufacturers Apple employs are apparently having issues matching the shades of white of the various components. This anecdote ties in nicely with a very interesting interview with John Sculley about Steve Jobs' ways of doing business.

John Sculley is not an entirely uncontroversial figure in Apple's history. The former and very successful PepsiCo president joined Apple as CEO in 1983. While he nearly ran the company into the ground, he also increased sales from 800 million per year to 8 billion per year. However, Apple had become an organisational mess, with boatloads of projects that would never yield any marketable results, but would still get funding. In the meantime, real issues like MacOS being an unstable mess were never addressed.

More importantly, Sculley's management style clashed with that of Steve Jobs, causing Jobs to eventually be cast out of the company. We know what happened then - Jobs founded NEXT, which made awesome innovative products but eventually failed in the marketplace due to curious design decisions, such as the prohibitively expensive and unreliable magneto-optical drive it used for storage. Only 50000 NeXT computers were sold, but who cares - it's the company's software that mattered, software containing innovations we still rely on every single day.

In an interview with Cult of Mac, John Sculley details his time at Apple in quite some detail and dripping with honesty - admitting his mistakes along the way. His description of Steve Jobs is pretty much what you'd expect. "He was a person of huge vision," Sculley notes, "But he was also a person that believed in the precise detail of every step. He was methodical and careful about everything - a perfectionist to the end."

Such a perfectionist, in fact, that Apple HQ is sitting on a pile of white iPhone 4s, without actually shipping them out to customers. The reason? The company that manufactures the white faceplate and the company that produces the home button can't get their colours properly aligned. The whites aren't exactly the same. That's it. Boom, multi-million dollar profit machine won't ship because the whites aren't exactly the same. What do you mean, Steve's a perfectionist?

The Sculley interview contains - among other things - another gem: Steve Jobs was in love with Sony. Sony's products, Sony's factories, the clothes the workers wore, everything - Jobs loved it. Sony's CEO gave Sculley and Jobs the first Walkman and tours of the factories that made them, and all this impressed Jobs a great deal.

"We used to go visit Akio Morita and he had really the same kind of high-end standards that Steve did and respect for beautiful products," Sculley recalls, "I remember Akio Morita gave Steve and me each one of the first Sony Walkmans. None of us had ever seen anything like that before because there had never been a product like that. This is 25 years ago and Steve was fascinated by it. The first thing he did with his was take it apart and he looked at every single part. How the fit and finish was done, how it was built."

The Macintosh factories were modelled after Sony's factories. "Steve's point of reference was Sony at the time. He really wanted to be Sony. He didn't want to be IBM. He didn't want to be Microsoft. He wanted to be Sony," Sculley adds.

You can say what you want about Apple, but at this point, Jobs' perfectionism is paying off. The company is doing better than ever, selling insane amounts of products at even crazier profit margins. Even if it means you're not getting your white iPhone 4."

Such a perfectionist, in fact, that Apple HQ is sitting on a pile of white iPhone 4s, without actually shipping them out to customers. The reason? The company that manufactures the white faceplate and the company that produces the home button can't get their colours properly aligned. The whites aren't exactly the same. That's it.

Pretty accurate. I have one of the white iPhone 4 models (company issued, lots of links to Apple), and the whiles are slightly off. But not by much.

And I still prefer Android. :p

I wish Bootlace would finally work on the iphone4...