Stereo FM Tuner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

racoon31e

Oct 12, 2007
Does anybody know where I can get a stereo FM tuner? My current one has gone-case, and I can't seem to find a store that still sells a tuner alone. :dunno:

TIA!

If you don't mind used ones, can always try Echoloft @ www.echoloft.com and search through the BUY/SELL Forums there.

Does anybody know where I can get a stereo FM tuner? My current one has gone-case, and I can't seem to find a store that still sells a tuner alone. :dunno:

TIA!

i saw one at simlim 5th level? It is right in front of the shop, placed on a showcase table. A sweet looking lady would come forward to greet you. Its a very beautiful fm tuner and is connected via internet. You get to tune in to thousands of stations worldwide. However, it cost $385. It looks very nice with two black knobs and it has a digital panel in the centre. The speakers are built in and the whole unit is carbon black. It is almost the size of a brick and probably weighs less than 300g. no need to connect to pc, just link a network cable from you router and have it switched on 24/7.

If you don't mind used ones, can always try Echoloft @ www.echoloft.com and search through the BUY/SELL Forums there.

Hmmm okay, will try. Thanks!

i saw one at simlim 5th level? It is right in front of the shop, placed on a showcase table. A sweet looking lady would come forward to greet you. Its a very beautiful fm tuner and is connected via internet. You get to tune in to thousands of stations worldwide. However, it cost $385. It looks very nice with two black knobs and it has a digital panel in the centre. The speakers are built in and the whole unit is carbon black. It is almost the size of a brick and probably weighs less than 300g. no need to connect to pc, just link a network cable from you router and have it switched on 24/7.

But it requires an internet connection? I need something more old-school - i.e. connect the FM tuner to the wall socket, and to the pre-amp.

Thanks anyway :)

Hmmm okay, will try. Thanks!

But it requires an internet connection? I need something more old-school - i.e. connect the FM tuner to the wall socket, and to the pre-amp.

Thanks anyway :)

no prob.
oh, then you probably can find them at harvey norman, courts or adelphi - for high end stuff. for really cheap ones, can try chinatown emporium type of shopping areas (eg dai you) or those chop carrot electronic goods shop at people's park area. dont let them chop you, you chop them.

maybe you would like to check out some small neighbourhood shops that sell the cassette/tuner combo?

no prob.
oh, then you probably can find them at harvey norman, courts or adelphi - for high end stuff. for really cheap ones, can try chinatown emporium type of shopping areas (eg dai you) or those chop carrot electronic goods shop at people's park area. dont let them chop you, you chop them.

Thanks. But I'm quite sure HN and Courts don't sell tuners - they sell av receivers only. I asked a salesman before and he gave me a weird look :dunno:

maybe you would like to check out some small neighbourhood shops that sell the cassette/tuner combo?

Any shops to recommend? These shops seem to be extinct in my area.

Thanks anyway!

Oh, and what's the price for a decent tuner at Adelphi?

TIA!

are you sure you cannot get it in Adelphi?

are you sure you cannot get it in Adelphi?

I'm quite reluctant to try Adelphi because the last time I went there, the prices they quoted were exorbitant. Maybe I went to the wrong shop.. any shop to recommend?

can try Toa Payoh Central... :embrass:

I'm quite reluctant to try Adelphi because the last time I went there, the prices they quoted were exorbitant. Maybe I went to the wrong shop.. any shop to recommend?

actually the price there is quite ok. Of course some brands are expensive. Have you really compared the price of the SAME item with other dealer?

If you are shopping for a car, then you go to a Porsche dealer, and then cannot you make a statement in forum that the shop quoted you exorbitant price, right :D

Status
Not open for further replies.