Steps to do on photoshop after calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

limdj

Jan 12, 2008
Hi, is there any steps u must do to photoshop after calibration with Spyder Pro 3?
I've finally out some problem with this calibration thing.

Before calibration, when i save my pic after editing in photoshop, and i upload it onto web, the color looks almost exactly the same.

After calibrating, when i save my pic after editing in photoshop, and i upload it onto web, the color on web looks totally washed out yet the colors on the photo when i view in photoshop and windows gallery are very vibrant

Pls help! Anybody can help?

Hi, is there any steps u must do to photoshop after calibration with Spyder Pro 3?
I've finally out some problem with this calibration thing.

Before calibration, when i save my pic after editing in photoshop, and i upload it onto web, the color looks almost exactly the same.

After calibrating, when i save my pic after editing in photoshop, and i upload it onto web, the color on web looks totally washed out yet the colors on the photo when i view in photoshop and windows gallery are very vibrant

Pls help! Anybody can help?

Are you using a color managed browser? IE doesn't load color profiles of pictures. use firefox

Last edited:
Do not be alarm if you are certain that you did the calibration properly and processing of photo on ur photoshop.

As viix had said, it is due to browser that does not load color profile at all. Firefox 3 allow you to view it clearly, try Safari if you have doubt.

Flock, Chrome and IE does not let you see the true color at all.

Hi, thanks for the replies.... i understand but it is just that the color difference is very big.. im unable to show u here because oonce i uploaded, it will not be the colors i wanna show to u. :) Anyway, i just removed my calibrated profile and edit using my default profile. So at least now, wad i see/edit in photoshop is wad i uploaded into the web. It is not a web browser issue. i tried many kinds of browsers to view already.

Hi, thanks for the replies.... i understand but it is just that the color difference is very big.. im unable to show u here because oonce i uploaded, it will not be the colors i wanna show to u. :) Anyway, i just removed my calibrated profile and edit using my default profile. So at least now, wad i see/edit in photoshop is wad i uploaded into the web. It is not a web browser issue. i tried many kinds of browsers to view already.

It could be a wrong calibration setting (gamma or luminance). If you can see the different grey (0% black to 100% white) in a grey chart then it could be that you are editing and unknowingly clipping the whites and pushing the midtones too much. check the final histogram of the edited picture.

Have you removed the colour profile while exporting to web? Have you check the uploaded files whether they still have the colour profile information? (Some web services do additional steps after upload which one cannot control and as result certain data are chopped off.) Just verify with loading the images locally in your browser. I don't see the point of working with an unprofiled system when it comes to judging and adjusting colours. My exports and images look exactly as I want it, even resized images.

Before saving the image for the web, you need to convert the color profile to sRGB. My guess is you're working in AdobeRGB while in Photoshop and saving with that color profile embedded. That usually makes colors look washed out on the web. Check your color settings in Photoshop.

If you use "Save for web" instead of "Save as," you can simply tick these two boxes in the Save for Web dialog:

saveforweb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.